Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 9900 + Z30 (STA 100-5)
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: HEPL CANNOT SEND EMAIL

You may want to check your DNS settings. Are you using DHCP or assigned DNS? How about DNS on the Router?
You should remove all settings and have your router pick up a DNS from the ISP. If your router is setup to receive DNS from ISP already, see if your ISP can provide you a different set of DNS, and then try again (make sure you disconnect & reconnect or reboot your phone after each changes on your router).

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

Hi all,

Please see my early  post referenced below if  any of the problems with your email involved hosted accounts i.e. @mybusiness.com

z10 faulty code BUG - emails may not be sent/released if you have a hosted domain with email accounts

unfortunately some of you may fall into this area.  It is supposedly with blackberry development.

Contributor
My Carrier: Verizon

Until its fixed. This was my work around....

Problem - POP email is coming in but unable to be sent.

Work around Solution - Mix incoming and outcoming mail servers in setup.

Problem-   my @work.com mail is not sending. But is recieving.

z10 email set up example

Description - Work

Display name - First Last

username - First

Email Address - First@work.com

password - (work password)

Server Address - mail.work.com

port - xxx

SMTP username - alias2   <----- username for a different email provider, I used my home isp account.

password - xxxxx

SMTP Server - smtp.homeISP.com

SMTP Port - xxx

SMTP Encription xxx   <------- may be different from my @work.com server

I used my home isp account to send my work email. The E-Mail till appears to the recipient as being sent from my @work.com email address.

AGAIN EMAIL IS SENT FROM THE SAME ADDRESS THAT IT IS RECEIVED FROM. Im not a techy so I don't know how or why it work, I just know it works.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10

[ Edited ]

Everybody, the workaround posted by ummie4 above does work.  But the problem is that the e-mails end up being sent by the other non-pop account (in my case gmail).  Since that is not my "work" account, this workaround is still not acceptable.  I need to send e-mails from my "work" (pop) account.

BlackBerry support WHERE ARE YOU???!!!!!  If you don't want me (and I'm sure thousands of other loyal BB fans) to return this Z10 this week and contribute to the failure of your company, YOU NEED TO FIX THIS RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z 10
My Carrier: Etisalat

i try this one and work for me

http://docshare.emsmobile.ae

username: upload
password: blackberry

BB10 OS folder -London_b261_Autoloader.exe

Do take a full backup of the device as the below procedure will format the device.
Please follow the below and let us know the update:

1) Remove the battery from the device

2) Put the battery back
3) Connect the USB
4) Run the auto-loader

"Please note that the you cannot restore your backup since the OS Version is not Same"

Contributor
My Device: Z 10
My Carrier: Etisalat

Please do not update the OS it must be 10.0.10.261, since the OS 10.0.10.82 has a bug.

Visitor
My Carrier: verizon

Contributor
My Device: Z10 Enterprise
My Carrier: AT&T - Verizon

Just upgraded to OS 10.0.10.116 and it fixed the problem with Network Solutions POP sending mail.  FYI

New Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-4

I have 5 POP email accounts with Network Solutions on a Z10 through Verizon, and would like to upgrade to fix this.  Where do you get the upgrade?

Contributor
My Device: Z10 Enterprise
My Carrier: AT&T - Verizon

I am on AT&T - just found our Verizon patches are different. I got the patch through the settings / software updates on the device.