Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: ATT

HUB Freeze

Hi,

Just got the Z10 yesterday. Setup went well. Today I am having issues with the HUB locking up. Requires a power cycle but then it locks up repeatedly. Also could not download the App BLACKBERRY TRAVEL. Also battery life was about 2 hours this morning but I beleive that will fix itself. Going to ATT today to try and figure out the HUB issue.

Solutions: 6,396
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: HUB Freeze

1. Battery life the first week or so will not be great, as the device syncs all your accounts, emails, contacts, etc. Expect it better in a week.

2. Next time the Hub locks up, try this... from the top right corner of the Hub, swipe from the top right corner downward to the center of the screen FIVE times in a row. That will normally reset the Hub, you will see a quick black screen and then a white screen with "Refreshing Hub" in the center.

3. Did you move your Media Card from another device or older BlackBerry to this new Z10?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

JSanders
Thanks for your assistance. Media card new. Your reset procedure works however the HUB locks up instantly still. Going to local AT&T store here in Savannah later today.

Billy

Ok, that is odd.

The other thing I would next suggest is to delete one account (from Settings > accounts) at a time. Wait and see if the Hub locks up again. If not you will know what account may be causing it.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: X10

Thanks for the tip on resetting the hub. I was going crazy trying to figure out how to unlock my hub (wouldn't let me open emails, settings, etc.)

You're welcome.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Hey JSanders,

UPDATE. I received a replacement Z10 (new). It was good for about two or three days and then the very same issue. I have wiped it clean twice now and on this cycle I am only adding features one at a time with at least a day in between (or longer). This is a software issue. The frezze that beaganyesterday came after I added my office WiFi log on. I cant beleive that is the problem. I think it might be Facebook or our Enterprise Outlook mail. I have added BBM thru the Blackberry account. I will leave it alone until Monday. Last night the battery only lost 10% from non-usage.

I will let you know.

Billy Witcher

Were you able to download the Travel app?

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Wierdly. I successfully downloaded it from the web then it downloaded on the Z10. Prety cool process. The Z10 fully displayed all functions. I had my Travel Agent send me an itinirary to see if TRAVLE would grab it. It did not plus the whole display when TRAVEL was selected went black. It is still black and I am about to delete the function again. WHY?

oh, I can't explain why.

Knowledge Base Updates