Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Leap; 16GB Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Re: HUB not working properly since 10.1 update

When you do a security wipe, your phone is restored to the previous OS version. Choose not to upgrade to the newest OS version. I did the wipe on the phone, not via Link.
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Wipe did not solve anything for my case. I had to turn off notifications from facebook to solve the problem, and everything is working fine. Maybe I'll wait for the next update, and besides, facebook is not that relevant, well, for me.
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 6043636601

I am having this exact same issue.  Seems like turning off twitter and facebook notifications in the hub worked...  I just did it and restarted my phone so it's early to tell as the issue seems to be intermittent as it is.  This needs to be fixed it has been driving me absolutely nuts.

Contributor
My Device: Z30 & PB 64 GB
My Carrier: T-Mobile (Telekom Deutschland)

[ Edited ]

To provide some more information: It is not a general 10.1 problem. My Z10 including WhatApps & Hub notifications had been working with 10.1 for several weeks. The problems only started after updating to the most recent official 10.1 for the STL100-2 from TMO which is 10.1.0.2312 (10.1.0.2354).

While I usually don't receive that many SMSes, the ones I do receive are important. Also, WhatsApp has proven to be quite useful to me. So when the 10.1.0.2312 update left my WhatsApp in a pretty much useless state - it not just affects Hub notifications but also audible & vibration alarms when receiving a new WhatsApp message -, I was more than disappointed about the lack of testing this update apparently has received.

A complete wipe didn't fix the issue for (as for most affected users). Yesterday I came across a forum posting where someone on VF reported similar problems which he could he fix by disabling Twitter. So I tried that as well - completely removed the Twitter account from my device. WhatsApp notifications seemed to start working right away, however, I had to reboot twice since yesterday, so I'm not sure they are still working or just again working because of the reboots.

Anyway, I suggest all affected people try disabling/removing their Twitter accounts. It might have something to do with Twitter recently disabling their old API & the new firmware not being able to cope with that. Oh well. I really don't know, but I wish I could use my Z10 the way I want to.

Bye, K&K,

T-Zee

My Carrier: 6043636601

Removing Facebook and Twitter did nothing for me, phone is still **bleep**ed, I've had a blackberry over 5 years now and I'm really to give up. The phone is virtually useless with zero notifications, auditory or visual. Android here I come?
Highlighted
Contributor

I'm sorry to hear that it didn't help you. It certainly worked for me.

Also, what I can confirm is that even with yesterday's update of WhatsApp, the problem still persists if a Twitter account is configured  - although Hub integration fixes are mentioned in the changelog. Still no working SMS notifications & no WhatsApp notifications.

Do you read, Waterloo?

New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

I'm having the exact same issue with my Z10 on 10.1.0.273. Is there a fix for this short of doing a security wipe?

New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

Just got text messages working in the hub again after disabling notifications from both Twitter and Facebook. Very frustrating, since those are the only two apps I really use on my Z10. If anyone has any other suggestions that fix this issue, without having to disable those two applications, they would be greatly appeciated. Hopefully a new OS update takes care of all of this shortly.

Contributor

I completely removed all Facebook & Twitter accounts from my phone after another security wipe to get SMS 

also WhatsApp notifications working again. However, as soon as I reenable Facebook notifications, the problem appears again. I haven't tried having the Facebook account set up & just its notifications disabled though.

Too bad Waterloo is apparently not really interested in fixing this issue or at least admitting there is an issue in the first place.

Bye, K&K,

T-Zee

New Contributor
My Carrier: Tmobile

I am having the exact same issue.  I have had two new phones, a new sim card, been disconnected/reconnected to Tmobile service AND done a complete reset of my phone.  Nothing helps!  I'm currently waiting for a blackberry tech to call.  If nothing else works, I'm getting an iphone.