Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Contributor
My Device: Z10/Playbook
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Hanging on Power Off

This has happened to me about 3 times. In the evening I turn my phone off and plug it in. I press and hold power off button and release after the 3 second count. The Blackberry word comes up and the phone sits there. sometimes it will disappear but you can there is still a faint backlight visible. I power back on again and then try again and it usually works second time. Anyone else have this or am I the only lucky one or doing something wrong? Its not a huge deal nor any sort of deal breaker for me, would like to figure it out though.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Koodo

Re: Hanging on Power Off

Mine has done the same thing twice now.  This is my second device - the first one was DOA, so I assume it's a glitch that will eventually be fixed with a software update.

Highlighted
Contributor

Okay, so thinking this was connected to my wifi being on when powering off, I thought I would try turning off wifi then power down. Love and behold it powered down normally. We'll see if this continues
New Contributor

I think you might be on to something. I turned wifi off before powering down last night and it shut off without a hitch. I'll try it again a few times and report back.
Contributor
My Carrier: Bell

Actually, this has been happening to me more and more frequently - WIFI or not - with shut downs of up to half a minute or not at all. I have only like 7 "made for BB" apps, which are supposed to be good (eg., NYT, cbc radio, CB10, etc. etc.). Most times I simply do the reset (hold button for 10 seconds) and then re-shut down. This is getting kinda aggravating.

Contributor

Update :so far every time I turn wifi off power down has worked normal, which I believe is about 30sec. Hope it continues 

Contributor

***Another Update*** So ever since I have been turning off my wifi before powering down, I have not had the issue again where it hangs on power off.

New Contributor

I've noticed that my phone hasn't been freezing on shutdown lately even with wifi on. All week I haven't had an issue.