Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: smart phone z10
My Carrier: sasktel mobility

Having trouble with email settings!!

Hello, I want the phone to only check my emails when I want to check the emails! I thought I had changed the appropriate setting to manual but yet I keep getting these long lists of emails on my phone!! I would prefer that I check my emails manually!!! What is the best solution to this minor issue. That I thought I had solved??

Oh, and searching the forums resulted in mothing so far!!

Thank you!!!

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Having trouble with email settings!!

I just went into my email settings and changed the interval from 15 minutes to manual. Sent myself 10 emails and let it set there for an hour, nothing showed up in the hub. I went into the Hub, clicked on my email and did a refresh and all 10 emails came in. So the setting does work, but something is causing your emails to be pushed to you. What type of email account are your using Pop, IMAP, YAHOO,HOTMAIL, MS exchange activesync?  Have you tried to reboot your Z10 and go back into your mail settings and confirm its on Manaul instead of 15 mintures etc.

Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Having trouble with email settings!!

Is the "push" switch turned on for the account? If so, turn it off. Smiley Happy
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy