Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: BBZ10
My Carrier: Telus

Help! My BBM just deleted all my contacts and info.

Earlier today my bbm randomly deleted all my contacts and info. Ive also disappeared off my friends list as well. I called into Telus, and they weren't very helpful. Apparently my only options are to wipe the phone or re-install bbm through Link. I tried to delete bbm through My World, but it wouldn't let me. Help!
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Help! My BBM just deleted all my contacts and info.

Did they escalate your case to BlackBerry for support? There is no way to reinstall BBM through Link so that makes me think whoever you talked to didn't know what they were talking about. That said, I've had my BBM blank out before but a battery pull fixes it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

No they didn't escalate it up to BlackBerry support. I've done the battery pull. Even pulled out the sim card, media card and tried resetting the BlackBerry ID password. Nothing is working.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

It seems you're not the only one with this problem. There was some kind of BBM outage or service interruption today that affected some, but not all, BBM users. If it doesn't come back tomorrow (be sure and do a battery pull in the morning) it's probably best thing is to contact your carrier and get it escalated to BlackBerry support.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

@john_clark. Thanks for the information. I'm glad it isn't a phone issue because I've been praising the bb10 since I got the phone last week. I'll try your suggestion in the morning after a battery pull. I've lost 90% of my contacts since I don't have everyone's phone number in my contacts and not able to text them to read me back on BBM.