Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: GiffGaff

Help! My BlackBerry is dead!

Hi All,

My first post...

I have had my BlackBerry Z10 now for about 3 months second hand from someone. Last night, I was texting someone, and went back to the main screen, I cliked on "WhatsApp" and it wasen't opening, however it was achknowledging that I had clikced on it... I decided to hold down the power button to restart it, it was in the middle of restarting, and was stuck on the BlackBerry logo for a good 15 minutes, so I decided to pull out the battery... BIG mistake, the BlackBerry is now completely dead, no sign of life unless:

• If I plug in the charger with the battery out, the red light comes on for 1 second then off.
  • If the battery is in and the charger, if I hold down the power button, after 10 seconds the red light will flash red for half a second

I'm having a feeling I've screwed up the software.

Any help would be appreciated?

Regards,

Jason

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: bell

Re: Help! My BlackBerry is dead!

the same exact thing happened to me 2 days ago, i tried every option i can find on the net but none of them work, im about to open this phone and see what really happening on the inside.

New Contributor

FIXED

Dear Busylee,

I have fixed this issue. Plug the BlackBerry into your computer and leave it for 10 seconds, then hold down the button for 10 seconds, keep holding it down even after the red light comes on, keep the power button held down and the computer should recognise that something is connected, then release the power button! let me know the outcome.

Jason

New Contributor

ok  Jason,

i tried what you suggested but still no go, i held the power button for at least 1 minute with and without the battery same thing but thanks for the help.

New Contributor

Sorry to hear that... I hope you get it fixed! Anyone got any tips for him?

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

busylee wrote:

the same exact thing happened to me 2 days ago, i tried every option i can find on the net but none of them work, im about to open this phone and see what really happening on the inside.

Connect to your wall outlet charger and let it charge an hour or so, and then with it STILL connected to the charger, remove the battery for five minutes and then reinsert.

What happens... any LED activity?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

ok i will try that as soon as i get home and reply asap bc am at work now and it is beeing charged bc usb from my laptop

New Contributor

ok i tried what you recommended and i did not get any light when i plugged the battery back into the phone.

so does this mean that its completely dead?

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You can try this process...

At the point you are on the web browser on your PC, again, remove and replace your battery and see if you get the UPDATE button to be available to click.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

thanks for the help but its still not working it looks like this one is unrepairable.