Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Wind
Accepted Solution

Help: Security Wipe - > KB33480 -> No factory reset

Hey everyone,

I recently changed my Blackberry account on the Z10, and I proceeded to do a security wipe. After doing so, the connect to computer icon was displayed on the phone. So, I looked on the internet for a solution, and kept finding the same one: KB33480

So, I proceeded with the steps, starting with the Blackberry Link approach. After telling me to reset the phone, it would check for updates, and tell me that :
"There are no BlackBerry Device Software updates available."

Here, my phone's light is green.

After I close that, the green light goes off, red light turns on quickly, then the device starts up. BlackBerry logo into the connect to computer screen again. 

I can't get this or the workaround to work. I'm missing out on the process described in step 6 of the workaround:

"The BlackBerry 10 smartphone will now power itself off after 120 seconds. Shortly after the 120 seconds, the BlackBerry smartphone LED should turn green. Continue to wait after the LED turns green and you will be prompted to install BlackBerry Device Software. Follow the prompts to install the BlackBerry Software and once the installation is complete the smartphone will boot up and is now recovered."

The updater jumps from checking updates, then goes right to the no updates found screen instead of installing the software onto the phone. Can someone help me out please?

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Help: Security Wipe - > KB33480 -> No factory reset

Hey LDellosa,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

This KB article is the correct one to use, I would also suggest removing the battery when at the www.blackberry.com/updates page and once it says PIN unknown, place in the battery and press Ok.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Etisalat

hi

I am also facing the same problem.

I have bbm contacts in hundreds. I am facing two issues.

First BBM contacts were not transfering by any way (Switch devices via card, switch devices via PC cable, and did login with same BlackBerry ID, none of these work). Finally I decided to transfer all data by any convenient way, and to add bbm contacts manually.

Yet i had approx 200 bbm contacts added, i came to know, my contacts are not completely synchronized. I did wipe it (as there was no way to delete All Contacts). When it was time to reboot, device and pc logo start appearing. 

Then I followed the same as described.

www.blackberry.com/btsc/kb33480

the same appearing, after green light

“There are no BlackBerry Device Software updates available.”

i am living in Dubai, i have contacted to few technician, none of them worked well. All suggested to claim waranty.

If I am going to Waranty, it would take two weeks atleast. 

BBM contacts are my butter and bread and my business/job highly depends upon these. I got Z10 due to speed/processor and RAM so that it shouldn't hang (as bb 9860 started hang).

Can you help me to sort out both issues ASAP. I would be very very thankful to you !

Yes, also let me know, as described there

www.blackberry.com/btsc/kb33480

in workaround, clause 3

Using Internet Explorer navigate to http://www.BlackBerry.com/updates, scroll down the page and select the  Check for Updates button.

Where should i follow in updates exactly, as there are many links, and how and where to update?

Expecting prompt and comprehensive response !

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Wind

Hey everyone. I got my Z10 working after a grueling 11 hours of trying to fix it. The key to making it work is making sure that you have INTERNET EXPLORER 9 installed. Any other iterations are not guaranteed, and they never worked for me once. I found a computer in my house that I could install IE9 on cleanly, then ran the workaround. It worked beautfully. I am now enjoying my Z10 very much.

Cheers.

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Etisalat

Thanks for your reply.

I just switched from pc to laptop windows 7, there was IE9. Unfortunately, still it didn't work for me there.

When i click on button, 'Check for Updates',

the following error appears !

There was an error updating your software

A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.

Let me know please, what to do now