Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Hotmail Deletion!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am about ready to lose my mind!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the second time in two weeks where I have accidentally deleted my emails off of my phone. Therefore, i have deleted them off of my email account. I am getting married and have many important emails i need to keep. It will even erase current SENT messages. Someone PLEASE help as i am not even aware of when I am doing this. Also, it will keep my emails up until a certain date so how does it know what date to choose?

MANY THANKS!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Hotmail Deletion!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Based on what you have said, it sounds WAD -- Working As Designed. The device and the server mailboxes are intended to be replicas of each other (within the maximum time frame configured to the device). So, even if done accidentally, deleting from the device deletes from the server...and that is exactly what is supposed to happen.

As for email retention period on the device, that is either configurable within the Advanced settings of the email account screen, or was configured at the time of initial setup -- it varies by account type. But that is a setting that controls only what is visible on the device...when they roll off of visibility on the device, they are supposed to remain on the server.

If you truly are losing emails, then something may be amiss with your configuration, and you could attempt removing and reintegrating the account. If you truly are concerned about losing more emails, you could do as I do -- keep Outlook running on some computer, and have it copy (not move, just copy) all new items received over to a PST.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry Passport SIlver Edition (OS10.3.2876)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Re: Hotmail Deletion!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey that this friend Nardangeli..

You must be a little more cautious and preventive eliminate when post because as you mention yourself what these accidentally deleted.

When you can not retrieve it and delete it completely eliminating these as last option looks to hotmail from your orderly and somewhat become paper check but is there because you eliminated completely.

Regards.

Kudos **Do not forget to give those people who help and advise you regarding your questions, as well give the answer like**

@ gutijose14

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution