Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile/Telekom D

How I got the .4181 OS finally installed and running stable

Hi folks,

after a very long night shift, I am "proud" to announce that my Z10 is now running stable in 4181 without any missing functionalities. (even phone calls seem to work properly :-) )

Interested in how I got there, then just read on:

IMPORTANT:

If not already done, BACKUP ALL DATA on Your Z10 device, You´ll surely need this Backup! :-)

After the everlasting security wipe, which I tried to interrupt several times, by pulling the battery (and the SIM) out, it finally stopped and showed me the connect to PC icon on the screen of the Z10. 

So I connected my Z10 and restored the factory FW using the BlackBerry Link Software, WITHOUT having the SIM inserted.

After the first initial setup, I looked for SW Updates, but (and of course) none was presented, due to the missing SIM, so I continued to do some basic setups and "testing" the bare system. All went fine.

After that, I reinserted my SIM, powered the Z10 up and tried to copy the previous backup back onto the Z10, which was (another of course and obviously) not possible, due to mismatching SW-Releases.

So with the SIM inserted, connected to a WiFi and my mobile carrier, I once again checked for updates and voila, .4181 was available, this time having 359MB.

(--> BlackBerry just seems to provide the "basic emergency" OS, all further updates and releases are distributed through Your individual mobile carrier)

I initiated that download, went to bed to get at least a few hours of sleep and when I woke up, I did, what the display on the Z10 wanted: Restart the device.

The then following boot sequence was fast and smooth, reaching the 100% in just under two minutes, no freeze, no hangers, no being stuck.

There I had my bare device on which I could copy my previously carried out backup again in no time!

Of course I had to reenter the some passwords and the SMS were gone, but looking at the last days, I think this is the biggest progress of it all ;-))

THIS is how I did it. Of course I know that I defied against some of the most important rules and therefore I can and will not give You any guarantees that this "solution" will work  unlimited, but considering my high level of frustration and how angry I was, these measures seemed legit to me and I can tell, they just worked fine! ;-)

the steps in summary:

- Backup all Data

- do a Security Swipe

- extract SIM

- reset to factory presets using BlackBerry Link

- re insert SIM

- look for provider updates

- install

- copy previous backup to device

- don´t worry

- be happy

PS: Don´t panic, if it takes longer or if nothing seems to happen. What I burnt mostly the last days, where minutes, hours and days

Thumbs up and fingers crossed. I hope this might help You aswell!

If it does, feel free to like this "solution" :-)

Paddy