Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: How can I restore my phone

I don't understand. How long will what take?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: blackbery Z10
My Carrier: glo

Re: RE: How can I restore my phone

I dont know what is happening. I connected it to my wireless I am using at home and I swiped it left to continue the update. After some minutes, It  showed (unable to connect to the network. Please try changing your settings). and under it was written settings.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

So, did you reinstall the OS like I suggested or did you do something else? I can't help you if you don't tell me exactly what you did or are doing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Once i connect my phone to my laptop. my phone will automatically boot and it will stop at the bluepage. So I tried to see if I can connect it to my wireless which I did and it showed me that I was connected to the internet. So I continued the updates. after some minutes It showed (Unable to connect to the network. Please try changing your settings.

Please tell me what to do and if I need need to reload the phone do I switch it off as it is showing the update since I am unable to complete the update.

Regards,

Jeff

Contributor

Since I am unable to complete the updates I tried to restore my phone but I am still getting complication. I switched off the before pluging it to my laptop. Once I plug it to my laptop, the phone starts booting again even when I switch it off, it will staill start booting. I am tired. If you can just tell me what to do let me do it because I am getting fed up with this phone.

Thanks

Jeff

Guru II

It sounds like you have a problem with your wifi.  Try rebooting your router (unplug it for 30 seconds and then plug it back in.)  Then try to connect again on that software update page. 

Sometimes you can swipe from right to left at the bottom and go past the updates page. 

If that doesn't work it might be better if you called your wireless service provider so they can walk you through the steps over the phone.  Sometimes that is easier than trying to do it via forums. 

Guru II

Also, we're getting mixed up in nomenclature here. You're trying to "restore" your phone? Do you mean restore a backup file or reinstall the OS? The instructions I gave you earlier were for reloading the OS.

Contributor

I just need the simplist method to complete or cancel this update. I have tried every thing and non is working. I tried to reload the os instead my phone keeps switching off and on and later I get an error page on my system.

I tried to use wireless but it keeps telling me unable to connect to the wireless network. please try changing your settings. I am currently browsing with my laptop right now and its the same wireless network the blackberry is connected to, why is it not accepting the wireless. If I can manover this update I will be very happing because I am f**ken frustrated.

Jeff

Guru II

Do you know your device model number? STL100-1, -2, -3, or -4?

Highlighted
Guru II

Also, did you reboot your router like I suggested? I know your PC is working but rebooting it can often help.