Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: blackbery Z10
My Carrier: glo

How can I restore my phone

my phone went off due to low battery. when I tried charging it it shows searching for upgades and it has been doing this for the past 14 hours. I switched it off and switched it on again it was still having the same issues. I even removed the battery and put it back after some time, yet its still has the same problem can you please tell me what to do. Please i need an urgent reply.

Jeff

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: How can I restore my phone

Searching for updates? Do you mean "searching for network?" Looking for a cellular signal?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

No. Once I switch on the phone it boots. afte booting it shows Software Update at the middle it shows Checking for Updates.

What so I need to do. I have restarted it several times and I have wait for it to pass this stage but nothing is coming up. Can you please tell me how I can restore the full phone without waiting this long because I am tired. I want to wipe every thing on the phone because I have my full back up and my blackberry protect is active.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

So, it's a blue setup screen showing software update? Are you connected to a wifi network? It needs that to get past it. Can you swipe right or left on the screen to go forward or back?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Yes, its a blue screen.

No. I am not connected to a wifi network.

No. I cant swipe any where only the blue screen page is showing.

Contributor

Re: RE: How can I restore my phone

Yes, its a blue screen.

No. I am not connected to a wifi network.

No. I cant swipe any where only the blue screen page is showing.

Is there any way I can get pass this place.

Thanks

Jeff

Guru II

That is part of the setup screen and process.  You need wifi to get updates.  Are you sure you can't swipe to the left across the bottom of the screen and get to the next screen?

If not, you will need to reload the OS from scratch.  It's not hard.  Here are some instructions:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB34045

I'm still curious how this happened.  The battery ran dead and that's it?  What you are describing happens after the device is wiped of it's data.  Doesn't happen just from running the battery dead. 

Contributor

may be it was checking for updates before it went off. I searched for the solution before and I got this same page you sent to me so let me try it. Once it works I will fall back.

Thanks,

Jeff

Guru II

It doesn't check for updates like that except when you first setup the device. If there is more that you're not telling me about exactly what happened it would sure help to tell me.

Contributor

Thanks man, I didnt bother to restore it again. I was able to connect it to my wireless at home. do you know how long this will take since It has been connected to a wifi.

Thanks,

Jeff