Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Passport
My Carrier: Optus Australia

How do I add actual email accounts to home screen-not just HUB?

How do I add actual email accounts to home screen-not just HUB?

Can anyone give me the steps?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: How do I add actual email accounts to home screen-not just HUB?

That is not possible. Email only goes into the Hub on the BB10 devices.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Passport
My Carrier: Optus Australia

Hi John,

Thanks. This is something I dont like. The Bold was able to do this. 

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

You can open the Hub and view individual email accounts if you want. It is a completely different device than the Bold.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Essentially the Hub area is a home screen dedicated to your communication. Tap on the lower left icon and each of your messaging sections has its own dedicated 'icon.'

As JC mentioned, it is new and it may take a while to get used to it.. but once you do it really is a great way to deal with the unified messaging idea and it also allows you to break down what you are looking at very quickly. Just need to learn a few new tricks. Smiley Happy

I've been on the Z for just over 3 months now and I could never go back...

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: blackberry

Hi. John

We need email icon option in home screen that is the best choice.
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: SFR

I was looking for the same thing and I'm upset to discover that's not possibile!

When I want to check my email account, I want just to concentrate on it and nothing else because emails are my first priority. That "Blackberry HUB" invention is a total disaster.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

spacexion wrote:

I was looking for the same thing and I'm upset to discover that's not possibile!

When I want to check my email account, I want just to concentrate on it and nothing else because emails are my first priority. That "Blackberry HUB" invention is a total disaster.

As previously explained, in the Hub, touch the 3 bars (bottom left), touch preferred email account, now only this account will be displayed each time you open the Hub. When you want to check your other messages, touch the 3 bars and select Hub or whatever.

The total disaster that you are referring to is the greatest innovation since sliced bread.

Guru II

Couldn't green more. The Hub is the best thing ever.