Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Airtel

How do I delete mails on my Z10 without getting them deleted in the mail server

Hi Friends,

Earlier in OS7, before you delete a mail, you would get a caution message asking if the mail is supposed to be deleted on you handset only or both on handset and mailbox server. I do not see this option now in Z10 and when i Delete the mail on the phone, the same mail gets deleted in my mail server as well. 

AM i missing something ??

Thank you 

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Z10-STL100-4
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How do I delete mails on my Z10 without getting them deleted in the mail server

No that is an issue .
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Contributor

Re: How do I delete mails on my Z10 without getting them deleted in the mail server

This is really an issue.. Since i have 3 mailboxes synced and most of them have large attachments, which i dont want on my handset after reading them. 

Each time i need to move my mails to other folders which are not syced on my computer through outlook to make them dissappear on my phone. This is painfull.

I dont know why did they let go of that option. 

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

simplyveen wrote:

This is really an issue.. Since i have 3 mailboxes synced and most of them have large attachments, which i dont want on my handset after reading them. 

Each time i need to move my mails to other folders which are not syced on my computer through outlook to make them dissappear on my phone. This is painfull.

I dont know why did they let go of that option. 

On the BB10 devices, the email messages are not on the device per say, they are on the server and the device is only an image of the server

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Contributor

Thanks Martin for the info.

So if i understand correctly, if there are mails in my hub, they really dont occupy any space on my phone. Right?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

simplyveen wrote:

Thanks Martin for the info.

So if i understand correctly, if there are mails in my hub, they really dont occupy any space on my phone. Right?

There is some space taken for a small cache and temporary file but beside that no the message do not use any space on the device

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

if using Exchange Active sync, you see a portion of the message aka headers and only when replying or frwarding does it down load the whole message.

POP will have all of the messages on device and with IMAP only 30 days worth will be on it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V