Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

How do I download photos from the Z10 to my iPad?

I have the iPad adaptor ports and have always downloaded pics from my camera and husband's iPhone to my iPad. When I connect the Z10, the response on the iPad is that the USB requires too much power.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: How do I download photos from the Z10 to my iPad?

Hello,

The Z10 is sensing the iPad as a charging device and making a "demand" for charging power, but the iPad doesn't want to deliver the amount of power that the Z10 is asking for, so it seems to be blocking the charging function. But, this actually should have nothing to do with the transfer of files, as that is a function that does not use the charging capabilities (though charging is automatic whenever USB is connected).

Rather than USB, you should attempt Bluetooth file transfer (pair the two devices via BT, then "push" the files via BT from the BB to the iPad). Then, you could transfer these files wirelessly and not use the cord at all. This, of course, requires the iPad to be BT capable...I've no idea if it is.

The BB is not a camera...it is a SmartPhone, and has many more functions than a camera, which are automatically activated whenever a USB cord is attached. You cannot treat the SmartPhone the same way you treat a camera and simply attach the USB cord and copy/paste files...the BB has high security, and does not allow such actions.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Carrier: Airtel India

HMK81611 wrote:
I have the iPad adaptor ports and have always downloaded pics from my camera and husband's iPhone to my iPad. When I connect the Z10, the response on the iPad is that the USB requires too much power.

I have had similar issues battery-charging Z10 with several USB outlets, particularly when Z10 battery has drained to yellow status. The battery chargin indicator shows a warning sign instead of charging sign when connected to a USB power source such as my car stereo or Satellite TV receiver or a laptop.  

With the Z10 supplied power adapter, the Z10 does not charge fully and comes out with a message that only RIM/Blackberry provided charger should be used, which I indeed use.  I have ordered a spare battery along with charger and car charger and hope it will resolve the Z10 battery charging problem.

New Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T

Thanks much for the info!!! Makes sense and I will give that a try.