Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: How do I sync Outlook 2010 with my BB-Z10?

Regretfully, I no longer have my old torch, regardless I appreciate your workflow and hopefully it helps other people.

The Z10 has basically been a nightmare for me. I am really ,really fristrated with it. Any good features are over shadowed by the huge issue of not being able to streamline my business through sync with outlook calendar and contacts. it is a joke that I have to re-input data twice.

With all respect to the above work around isn't it a joke that with the competition in the market we have to do the above convoluted workflow just to sync information. What a joke #bbz10sucks

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: 0

contact transfered. but saving to phone is ongoing, download dialogue is still on my phone, doest stop me receiving and making calls, it going through it contact by contact in vcf format.

Poor blackberry, they rusedh and didnt have enough time to inform users about basic issues, and this is costing them big!

Contributor

thanks for you efforts here

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Add me to the complaints.  I switched from Blackberry Torch to the Windowsphone Lumia 928.  Found out that it did not seamlessly sync with Outlook (incredible that a windows phone does not do this).  Bagged it after 4 days and got the Z10, because I assumed 'surely, the new Blackberry will continue to sync via the desktop app to all my Outlook contacts and calendars.'  Well, that proves the point about what assuming something means...

This is incredible that they suddenly stop the desktop syncing functionality.  I love the phone, but this will be the last Blackberry for me if they can't even keep doing the things right that they used to... sigh.  So sad.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Relax, it's coming. It's been rumored to be the beginning of June for that capability so lets hope it comes soon. There is no need for more complaining as BB has listened and it is around the corner.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

I just got off the phone with Blackberry support asking about this Outlook sync issue.  The representative assured me that the Outlook sync functionality will be restored and included in the next Blackberry Link update.

Pheww...!  Thank goodness!

New Contributor
My Carrier: Tigo

I just got my Z10, updated my Outlook contacts and calendar with BBLink, then found that there was no way to maintain my Outlook and Z10 synchronized...  DISSAPOINTED + FRUSTRATION + DESCEPTION!!!!  

Black Berry, I had many of your phones for the last 5 years, it is a practical business tool and lots of people use Outlook for everyday organization, why the synching tool was taken out?  What kind of user research told that users don't like or need this tool, when you find many blogs all over criticizing and asking for it... 

I have tried to sync over Outlook.com but then I have to manage additional contact and calendars, that is the original MS Outlook contact and calendar account (working mail) plus the Outlook.com account contact and calendar, there is no way (that I'm aware of) to maintain two different Outlook accounts sync.  So this is not a practical, straight forward method.  Should be the same way it was done with BBDesktop.  Why put users in this position if it can be so easy...

BB, please, if you want to give BB Z10 users total versatility, upgrade your BBLink software adding Outlook sync capabilities, it was an added value to BB's, it was just part of BB's, it was one of many reasons lot of people uses, or would have used BB's, otherwise your added value would be alike other smart phones or less... "Make it simple Keep it simple"

New Contributor

It's a pain in the **bleep**(ets). They are coming out with a fix shortly. 

New Contributor

Must do for BB:
Add OWA
Add 2 way USB Sync
Results: Z10 perfection.....