Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Three (3)

How to Install Lithuanian Language to Z10?!

Hi.

Got unlocked STL100-2 with 10.2.1.537 OS version (newest update)

How could I install Lithuanian language, keyboard layout or just enable Lithuanian symbols?

I need those:

ą, č, ę, ė, į, š, ų, ū, ž

Note: Some of the symbols are available already in Czech language, but this is not an option...

is there any possibility to Enable the language, or install?

or maybe it will be available with newst update?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: How to Install Lithuanian Language to Z10?!

Hello,

Refer:

• KB33755 Supported languages on BlackBerry 10

Unfortunately, until your desired language is added to that list, you simply cannot.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Three (3)

Hi.

Well, I understand that the language should be added to the system.
The question is - WHY it is not in the system, if the phone is marketed in that market?!

Who should i contact to ask for such, simple feature?
it is not some kind of arabic or in generally - non standard symbols - is latin symbols.

Windows has them since win95
linux has them as default.
iOS has them
Android has them
Windows Mobile has it.

how hard can it be?!

I am even ready to contribute, for free of charge, with any developer/programmer in BB in order to have this working.
I can make the translations if needed, I can beta test etc. but come one...

it's year 2014. phone is marketed as business phone. And then you want that person, using this phone, would answer emails/text lisping?!

That's why people turn away from Bb products!!!

if you can, please provide me any official contact I could raise this SIMPLE question.

in my opinion, it is MORE THAN SIMPLE to add those symbols.
If you hit and hold, lets say e letter, you have additional symbols/variations appearing on top... so why not add lithuanian:
same QWERTY with additional symbols...

this is pathetic. and funny at the same time.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Your query would be best placed via formal channels...please see this "sticky" post, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed:

Hopefully, this information will be of use to you. No one here, in this user-to-user community, can answer such a "why" question...for we simply are just other users, and have no "insider information" to reveal.

Cheers, and Good Luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................