Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

How to configure wifi to enable unlimited speed on my Z10

I am lucky enough to have a 100mbps cable broadband service that runs my son's iphone 5 at speeds of 80-90mbps on wifi. However on my Z10 the speed is limited in settings to a maximum 65mbps. On tests I am getting no more then 30-40mbps at best, which is only half that of the iphone 5. I see no reason for limiting the speed of the Z10 but know of no way to remove the imposed speed block. Can someone help with this issue?
Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: How to configure wifi to enable unlimited speed on my Z10

Hey Tigershark24,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

If you have a dualband wireless router, I would suggest following these steps:

1. Go into the Wifi settings on your BlackBerry Z10.
2. Tap the "Saved" button at the bottom. (When you connect to a network it will be added to your "Saved Networks".
3. Find your connection in Saved Networks list and tap that connection.
4. Under the VPN Profiles drop down there is a Band Type drop down.
5. Select the 5ghz option. (Note: For 5ghz the Wifi router must have 5ghs, if not then tap the 2.4ghz option).
6. You will be disconnected but after a few seconds it will connect again and you should notice a significant increase in speed.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: How to configure wifi to enable unlimited speed on my Z10

Thank you for the advice. I followed the steps outlined above but on checking the advanced information the connection data rate is still showing as 65mbps.

As I have explained my son's iphone connects fine at a much faster connection so this is an issue with the Z10.

The only variable is that I use an app for speedtest.net to test my son's iphone but there is no blackberry alternative so I use the speedtest.net website to test Z10 connection.