Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telkomsel Indonesia

How to install korean language on my BB Z10???

Dear users,

i recently bought BB Z10, but I couldnt find how to install korean langauge on my Z10,

but as I saw some info that BB Z10 support input Korean language also..

There are choice of many language but not Korean langauge...

if anyone know how to install pls help me...

Tks in advance.

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: How to install korean language on my BB Z10???

From what I understand, when they roll out to that country, the carrier will activate that country code. Looking at the list of languages supported on the OS10.. Korean is one.

RIM has subscribers from all around the world & to provide the best for them all BlackBerry smartphones has been localized within software as well as in hardware. With the launch of BlackBerry 10 OS the company confirms to equip a massive multilanguage support upto 33 different languages! It supports Hindi input as well as many others on the new ‘Region’ feature. All 33 languages are:

1. English
  2. French
  3. Italian
  4. German
  5. Spanish
  6. Arabic
  7. Basque
  8. Catalan
  9. Czech
  10. Norwegian
  11. Swedish
  12. Dutch
  13. Galician
  14. Greek
  15. Hebrew
  16. Hungarian
  17. Polish
  18. Brazilian Portuguese
  19. European Portuguese
  20. Romanian
  21. Vietnamese
  22. Hindi
  23. Russian
  24. Turkish
  25. Indonesian
  26. Chinese Simplified
  27. Chinese Traditional
  28. Japanese
  29. Korean
  30. Thai
  31. Danish
  32. Croatian
  33. Finnish

Contributor

Dear Arsen, the problem is Blackberry already out from Korea, therefore I don't think they will launching Z10 in Korea anymore, but on my Z10 from UK have japanese input but not korean, that's why look for how to install it.. The previous OS can install thru Desktop manager, but OS 10 blackberry Link, there are no application loader also... If you know how to find OS 10 korean version kindly help me...tks in advance.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800, Z10, PlayBook, PRIV
My Carrier: 3

does that mean that all Z10s can display the languages listed or do you still have to install it? Not sure if this was answered in another thread I posed this question in, but I'm not sure if my Z10 from the UK can display Chinese characters

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

On my phone here in Canada, I have almost all of the languages installed on the z10. 

IMG_00000007.png

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: AT&T

I don't see Korean language on the picture.
I too wonder if there will be Korean input in near future.

I don't expect BlackBerry to fully implement Korean on BB10 since BlackBerry is out from Korea, but a simple Korean input would compel many users outside of Korea in purchasing a BB10 device.
Highlighted
Contributor

Well, on my Z10 also many language possible to use as input langauge but not Korean. 

my Z10 version 10.0.9.XXX hopefully recentely update new version possible to use it, 

but the problem is I cant update sofeware as OTA since the phone frm UK and use phone in Indoneia. 

Black berry should updated to use korean langauge which a lot of korean people using blackberry outside of Korea. 

and yes, Blackberry not really prefer smart phone if in Korea.

but in South East Asia, a lot of people still using and enjoy blackberry service. 

1 more thing, from OS 10 , not using BIS service..just using 3G/4G package as same as Android phone. 

then what is real benefit for OS 10 ???

since there are not much app to use also, is this OS 10 going to use Andriod APP on BB10 or not?

Inodnesia is one of biggest country for blackberry user, but if there are no BIS unlimited package anymore, 

it will become very bad for all Indonesian users.. 

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 + Playbook > Z10

Yes, if the language is already in the system they should unlock or make it available to select. I an in the US with AT&T and we so don't have all the language options that the Canadian poster, Arsenal, showed.
Contributor

Never mind, apparently AT&T does have the other language inputs available but not Korean.
Contributor

Also, although there isn't Korean input, you can change the OS Display Language to Korean. The calendar and call apps, for example, will display days/times in Korean.