Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
02-22-2013 10:38 AM
truth is i only use one way is by integrating my contacts to one of my emails . ( i use gmail )
so when i switch to a new mobile , it automatically retrives all my contacts after i sign-in my
email . There is an old method i used to do is by transfering the contacts on my desktop (pc)
using bb desktop software and then transfer them again to the new phone. i haven't tried it
since a long time though.
Haven't helped you much , sorry
02-22-2013 10:55 AM
I went from a 9700 to a Z10 and I haven't been able to do it.
- All contacts from Facebook were pulled in automatically
- All contacts from BBM were pulled in automatically
- All contacts from Twitter were pulled in automatically
- All contacts from LinkedIn were pulled in automatically
- Most of these contacts where there was overlap (Facebook contact and LinkedIn contact; same guy) were identified and harmonized. Those that were not were easily identified and linking the two contacts together is easy and painless
- No phonebook contacts were transferred:
- Tried BB Link's migration process. That reported success but the contacts don't show up.
- Tried BB Link's "restore" process, selecting the old phone's backup and just the phonebook. Also reported success but no contacts transferred.
- Tried pairing old and new phone via Bluetooth and sending all contacts. Old phone packages up and sends all contacts, Z10 reads phonebook, only pulls in first contact.
I have a 4 hour train ride ahead of me tonight and I will be spending it manually recreating a bunch of contacts....