02-22-2013 10:38 AM
truth is i only use one way is by integrating my contacts to one of my emails . ( i use gmail )
so when i switch to a new mobile , it automatically retrives all my contacts after i sign-in my
email . There is an old method i used to do is by transfering the contacts on my desktop (pc)
using bb desktop software and then transfer them again to the new phone. i haven't tried it
since a long time though.
Haven't helped you much , sorry
02-22-2013 10:55 AM
I went from a 9700 to a Z10 and I haven't been able to do it.
- All contacts from Facebook were pulled in automatically
- All contacts from BBM were pulled in automatically
- All contacts from Twitter were pulled in automatically
- All contacts from LinkedIn were pulled in automatically
- Most of these contacts where there was overlap (Facebook contact and LinkedIn contact; same guy) were identified and harmonized. Those that were not were easily identified and linking the two contacts together is easy and painless
- No phonebook contacts were transferred:
- Tried BB Link's migration process. That reported success but the contacts don't show up.
- Tried BB Link's "restore" process, selecting the old phone's backup and just the phonebook. Also reported success but no contacts transferred.
- Tried pairing old and new phone via Bluetooth and sending all contacts. Old phone packages up and sends all contacts, Z10 reads phonebook, only pulls in first contact.
I have a 4 hour train ride ahead of me tonight and I will be spending it manually recreating a bunch of contacts....