Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile Canada

How to stop bluetooth music autoplay?

z10, 10.2.0.0424/10.2.0.1791.

How do I prevent the music app from automatically starting and playing music whenever a call is disconnected while connected to a bluetooth handsfree device ?

I have not observed this when using the built in Uconnect Bluetooth in my Grand Caravan, but when using the portable handsfree device in my car (BlueAnt S2) it happens for every call.   As soon as any call hangs up, either initiated via my handfree device, or the far end, the music app opens on the Z10 and starts playing music (usually ring tones very loudly! in my case)  over the BlueAnt.

This has happened as long as I've had the Z10, not only since 10.2.  It is extremely annoying, distracting, and unsafe as it causes me to fumble for the phone while driving in order to stop the music!

I've seen numerous people complaining abiout the same problem with other handsfree devices in various forums, with no solutions.  I was unable to find anything searching these forums, so I'm starting a new thread.

I do not want a response that simply says there is a problem with my handsfree device.  I don't care if it may be sending an unexpected or wrong version of a command, there needs to be a way to configure the phone or music app to prevent autoplay completely, regardless of the trigger.    If for instance, the phone thinks it's getting an a2dp play command, fine, let the command go through to any open app that may have been streaming music before the call, but do not use it to autolaunch an app that was not previously open.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: How to stop bluetooth music autoplay?

[ Edited ]

moving my ringtone from the "music" folder to the "voice" folder and then record a blank song and place into music folder can work

it is a known issue and with my BlackBerry HS 700 head set it does not happen

Music automatically plays when turning on a vehicle that has been paired with the BlackBerry 10 smar...  

It also affects other phones as well as other BT devices.

My dads Toyota does it with his droid

My friends ford does it with iphone

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell Aliant

I have had this problem on my Z10 with every software version that has been out so far.. I first contacted Blackberry when it first happened, on the phone, and they had me send a text file of my phone to them via email,so they could analyze it to see if there was any problems.. And they came back and said the phone was working exactly as it was suppose to... I then proceeded to tell them, it suppose to start playing audio files as soon as my Z10 connects with my cars Bluetooth ??? This is utterly stupid..

I originally had all my ring tones in my audio folder, but as soon as my Z10 would connect with my car, my ringtones would automatically start playing...

So no , there is no solution, and obviously Blackberry is not going to address this problem.

There should be an option somewhere in the audio menu, to disable anything in the music folder from playing automatically

Regular Contributor
My Device: dev alpha c
My Carrier: rim

close music .and try stting your voice .and u will be fine
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

JamesDee55 wrote:

I have had this problem on my Z10 with every software version that has been out so far.. I first contacted Blackberry when it first happened, on the phone, and they had me send a text file of my phone to them via email,so they could analyze it to see if there was any problems.. And they came back and said the phone was working exactly as it was suppose to... I then proceeded to tell them, it suppose to start playing audio files as soon as my Z10 connects with my cars Bluetooth ??? This is utterly stupid..

I originally had all my ring tones in my audio folder, but as soon as my Z10 would connect with my car, my ringtones would automatically start playing...

So no , there is no solution, and obviously Blackberry is not going to address this problem.

There should be an option somewhere in the audio menu, to disable anything in the music folder from playing automatically

There should be an option in the car or head set to turn off this feature

I do agree it would be nice to do on device as well.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Carrier: Bell Aliant

I agree there should be an option on either my car, or on the phone itself, but no options exists.. My only work around was to put all my ringtones into the "voice" folder, and take them out of the music folder.

That at least solved the problem of them  playing when my phone connects to my car, but that is only a work around, and not a proper solution.

We need a way to disable that , so any music in the music folder, does not play automatically when connecting to cars bluetooth , but I dont think Blackberry considers this an issue, so I dont see a solution for this any time soon Smiley Sad

New Developer
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Anyone has an update on this? I just bought a new car and this already drives me nuts...

I quickly checked and couldn't find information to build an app to receive and block such request (there is an app for android).
Heck if someone get that info, I will make a headless app for everyone!
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: t-Mobile

I think this is not only related to bluetooth; it seems to be a wider problem.

I have a similar annoying problem: whenever I disconnect  my head set after completing a call the music player starts playing. It has been doing this since I got my Z10 more than a year ago. Since I don't listen to music on my phone the solution finally was simply removing all music from my device. Drastic.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

This not the phones problem, my JVC car radio reverts back to radio (or previous source) after receiving a call, if I make a call then I have to manually change the source back to radio. The first press of the source button selects 'Blackberry Audio' which starts the BB music player, the next press selects the next source. Music playback doesn't get enough time to start. In short, the radio has 2 sources for phone, 1 for calls and 1 for audio.

My Creative WD-350 headset only opens the music app when I press the play button.