Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hub E-mail Accounts Problem

Hi Folks,

my HUB is weard: I had the first impression that my hb has been frozen, so I restarted and pulled the battery etc. But I ignored the fact that after first configuration, I have to wait a night with active WLAN to let the Z10 sync with the IMAP accounts, so it would be working normaly and not draining the battery.   Now, because I thought one of my e-mail accounts would freeze my HUB, I deleted it and set it up again.  Ok, now I got it twice in the hub, one where I had it configured to show ALL e-mails ever and one only with 90 days. The deleted one which should show ALL emails, just tells me it cannot display the message, the other one runs just fine.    In Settings / accounts, I got only theworking accounts and not this one I had deleted.  Now, how do I get rid of the one I had deleted in the HUB???

Cu, Torben 

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Hub E-mail Accounts Problem

That's an odd one. Have you tried resetting the hub? Swipe from the top right corner of the device diagonally downward and to the left 5 times. That will reset the hub.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Resetting the HUb is what I searched for yesterday already and tried it. That did not solve it. The deleted account doesnt show up under accounts, but only within the HUB like a dead body. And only the headlines are showing withount content.

Torben

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

If you remove the account totally does the rogue account still show up?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

I would have to try it. Delete it, reboot my z10 and set it up again then sync over night with active WLAN...  maybe I'll do that. But it doesnt bug me so much, it seems odd anway.

Guru II

The other option is to wipe the device and start over. If your contacts and calendar are synced to your email it's not a big deal. If you have data that is only contained in a backup then it could be a problem. I would make a full backup before you wipe, though, just in case you want to restore.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

That's definitiv a bug of the HUB!  I have deleted the account, started the device and readded the account. Now I see three of the same account in the HUB!!!! That's so strange and should not be this way, right?  Sometimes you gotta delete a account and never see it again. But why does it still show in the HUB???

Because I got Apps on my device, I do not like to whipe it. I can reinstall the andorid apps no prob, but all the BB apps?

This issue is not unknown, see here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-q10-f272/deleted-email-account-still-appears-blackberry-hub-...

Cu, Torben

Guru II

You can reinstall apps from BBWORLD quite easily.

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Att

I have had same problem. What happens with a full wipe.
Guru II

All your personal data is removed and the device is set back to "out of the box" condition. Just make a backup first and when/if you restore don't restore Settings.