Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: smart phone z10
My Carrier: sasktel mobility

I AM I LOVE WITH THIS PHONE

I am a man who needs his phone to be dependable and to work! I need it to spell accurately, I have tried other smartphones the Samsung galaxy 2 and borrowed my daughters I phone 5...the Z10 touchscreen keyboard is a zillion times better!I The phone is amazing, the web is fast and while I am still getting used to some of the different ways of doing things on this phone...so far...I am in love with the Z10!!! Thank you Blackberry!

I can't say enough good about this phone.

It feels like you have a high quality phone in your hand.

You really can type on a touchscreen while using your thumb!! ( I Mean no one elses phone can do that)

It has a great way of dealing with music

The ease of  navigation through the phone!!

Moving the shortcuts on the screen to other screens is so simple!

everything i need to modify or change is adjustable and customizable to me

Man, I am in love with this phone!!

Good Job!

Highlighted
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: I AM I LOVE WITH THIS PHONE

Glad you're liking it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: H2O

I love this phone also. Here are the reasons why:

1)Google+ and Facebook are not shoved down my throat with repeated adds and tricks...I have choices on which "social/stalking" networks I join or have installed on MY device.

2) it is easy to control app permissions...I dont like apps reading my contacts, location, email etc... Blackberry allows me to manage it and pick and choose which apps I give what permissions to.

3) Android an Apple app advertisements are horrible and out of control now, with blackberry my apps are clean, private and no friggin pop ups...so I love it.

4) stand alone Calendar ...I dont have to "share" or worry about my appointments being shared with anyone. Blackberry allows me to schedule and keep my appointments private. Apple or Android do NOT have stand alone calendars and no matter how much you tweak your privacy settings they try to trick you into "sharing". Who in their right mind would want to share Doctors appointments with Google? Again.. with Blackberry I dont have to worry about it. I have full control over my settings.

5) did I mention how nice it is to use apps without Android/Apple pop up app ads?

6) The apps I use are nice and clean, Hub is easy to manage

7) Yes, Apple and Android have more apps. Blackberry has the important and useful apps 1/2 of Apple and Android apps are garbage anyway. Blackberry got it right.  But this phone is about 3yrs overdue...I needed this phone 3 yrs ago. But Im glad I got it now.I just wish they would advertise this phone more. It is such a nice device.

8) If I want OMG/Teenage girl social apps I can get them (no thanks), Blackberry gives me a choice and I love them for that.  HUB is faster than anything...everything in one place.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

I agree with you on all.

However, with regards to #2 and permissions, be aware that just because an app asks for permissions to contacts that it doesn't necessarily want to read your contacts. It likely just wants to be able to give you the option to share something with a contact via email, text message, or the like. Many times we wonder why an app asks for permissions to something that seems totally unrelated to the app but only needs it programmatically to work. You can deny permissions but many times the app won't function properly.

My opinion: If you are installing an app you don't trust with the permissions it asks for I wouldn't install the app at all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: H2O

Thank you for the insight John!! I guess in the information age a guy like me can get a little too paranoid...especially after years of use with the g-borg (google) android hive :-) my first smartphone was a BlackBerry 8310 around 2007-2008 and I loved it. Then I moved to android cause of apps like cam scanner...so I could scan docs and send them as PDF's etc...so I had to painfully move away from a phone I loved...then g-borg and Google + arrived and my life became less private. thank god blackberry arrived again to save the day...and I feel happy again and a little more secure :-)