Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

I AM NOW HAVING A VERY POSITIVE Z10 EXPERIENCE...

Just to mention, to follow up on previous posts, that although I still consider myself a "New User" owing to the fact I have not had the time to focus on this too much -- being retired involves a busy agenda, just wait -- this is my FIRST smartphone, I had some difficulties at first understanding the jargon and the habits, but now it's jelling and the BlackBerry jam is tasting very good...  it is a nice smartphone, I recommend it HIGHLY to anyone, the quality of the screen is superb, just superb, the Canadian and CNN news apps from BlackBerry World are great [CBC News one in particular, is very well set up and programmed and covers the world -- the Globe and Mail is a little less so, but okay, and CNN's is wonderful].  I have my yahoo.ca email connected, that's working GREAT, and I don't know what any of the glitches some forum participants have brought up are all about -- I especially think that with some foreign providers such as in the Middle East, there was a chap from Dubai who was complaining a lot, may not be selling the right model Z10 for their type of system...  just a thought.  You need to have a clued-in mobile service provider...  The hand feel is perfect, wow, I really like it, and I had a lot of anxiety about it too, as I felt I didn't know how to do anything and it took so much time to look things up but the BlackBerry websites are great, now that I have a little actual use accomplished.  THIS IS A VERY SOPHISTICATED AND PLEASANT TO USE DEVICE, AND I HOPE I CAN DO A LITTLE FREE ADVERTISING HERE FOR BLACKBERRY, WORLD WIDE...

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810, Z10
My Carrier: ATT

Re: I AM NOW HAVING A VERY POSITIVE Z10 EXPERIENCE...

I've had odds and ends of small issues and annoyances with my Z10 that I got in March 2013.  It is my third or is it fourth different Blackberry over the years.  I do have to agree with you, I really like this phone.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 (STL 100-2) -10.1.0.4181
My Carrier: Optus

I totally agree Janet! I think you made the right choice first-off, where as for myself it was only after using everything else that I arrived here (so to speak).
Disclaimer:
I know a little about lots of things,
yet not a great lot about those little-things.
Ultimately, I'm here to learn.
Regular Contributor

And I wanted to add that Apps seem to be coming thick and fast... I have just added several map ones which I must say I haven't used yet, a Magellan, a MapQuest, and Waze and an OsmAnd [strange name, spelled as such], the latter seemingly to offer a whole lot, but as yet untested. The CBC News app is EXCELLENT, the Globe and Mail one okay, the CNN one seems very very good too, very full-featured... I wish I were a programmer, I'd get busy doing some... a great home-based business!

I think that Thorsten Heins, that young and feisty CEO, who always seems so focused and cheerful despite all the industry ups and downs and as he says the ferocious competition in the USA, is doing a fabulous job. I hope some Americans see this posting -- this is a very nice smartphone, no cheesy features and a lovely smooth operation. The trickiest bits for me were the sideways horizontal swiping to uncover other menus and icons I didn't know were there! Plus loading up WiFi correctly on my home WiFi network, the "guest" and our regular secure access seemed to access differently or I was doing something wrong which slowed down the procedure, but now it's quick and easy... wonderful web access, better than my computer and screen so SHARP...
Regular Contributor

And I forgot to say that BlackBerry World does not list all the available apps -- someone looking after that feature should keep more on top and promote the new ones coming along... for those who want apps, apps, apps....!