Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Verizon

I bought a z10, it tells me to use original charger.....but I am

So since the first time I plugged it in to charge with the original charger, it tells me to use the original but I am. It's not all the time but it's enough to get me worried and start packing the stuff back to Verizon. It's also rebooting by itself randomly once every couple of days and sometimes the volume buttons don't work when I use the headset. Also, battery life is pathetic. It's the worst blackberry so far in battery life

Updated my pin
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: I bought a z10, it tells me to use original charger.....but I am

Hello,

(IMHO) VZW did their users a huge disservice by releasing the Z10 with an older OS. The newer OS versions have greatly improved battery life. But VZW elected to not adopt a newer version that helped that situation.

But, given your charger problem, I'd definitely recommend talking to VZW...you may well have a defective unit.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Developer
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Verizon

Thanks for the reply. But I think it's in the os. I have a friend that is having the same charger issue and is also Verizon

Updated my pin
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

I'm not sure I agree with your logic there...while less likely, two defective units certainly is statistically possible. But, regardless of the actual root cause, the resolution path remains the same.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................