02-11-2013 08:55 PM
When I go to add an account using the advanced setup (selecting the hotmail icon), the phone keeps telling me my login information is incorrect. I can login to hotmail without any difficulties on my playbook and laptop. What am I doing wrong?
02-12-2013 01:18 PM
04-09-2013 03:26 PM
1. If you are not having this problem, don't respond.
2. If you can't contribute to a solution, don't respond.
3. If you are unsure of 1 and 2 abouve, don't respond.
4. If you are expereincing THIS issue, or can suggest a solution to THIS problem, we would like to hear from you.
04-02-2014 05:31 AM
I found this problem was caused by the Microsoft Live Account "2-step verification process" (which is optional). I only discovered this after I had to log back into my Live account on the PC, and (silly me) decided I should opt for the 2-step verification process.
Using your computer:
1. log into your Microsoft Live Services Account
2. select Security Info
3. switch off the two-step verification process
Now go back to your Blackberry, set up your Live account with your email address and password by selecting Accounts / Add Account / Email, Calendar and Contacts / <youremail_address>
Once it has connected, select Accounts / Edit Account / Advanced / check "Push" (or go for Sync), and note that you can select or deselect the option "Download Messages While Roaming"
Worked for me on BBZ10. Hope that helps somebody else.