Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: 02

I hate my z10

My name is Adam Barnard, a professional photographer from London. I was due an upgrade on my old blackberry and the guy on the phone suggested the z10. I beleived this to be an upgraded version from the smaller successful blackberrys. I have been so dissapointed with the z10. Impossible to add contacts, Cannot save dialled numbers, the Lock keypad on the phone decides not to show up if you want to access your phone, so you have to restart the whole phone (awful if some is in trouble and they need you, actually happened.) The phone always does the opposite to what you want it to do and I am sick of spending £35 a month on my contract with a phone i do not want. 02 have told me it would be £350 to change my phone which is ridiculous and suggested contacting yourselves. I have had the phone for 4/5 months. I am on a years contract. please let me downgrade to the small better blackberrys for the same contract terms and I will send you back the z10.

My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30, BlackBerry Priv
My Carrier: Fido

Re: I hate my z10

I`m sorry you have such a difficult time with your Z10. This, however, is a Support Forum for Blackberry phone users and I`m not sure if anyone in here can / will downgrade your Z10 to an older model. That is something to be offered by your carrier and not by a Support Forum. Also, your carrier is that one that has to escalate your phone`s issue with the manufacturer. 

adambarnard85 wrote:

My name is Adam Barnard, a professional photographer from London. I was due an upgrade on my old blackberry and the guy on the phone suggested the z10. I beleived this to be an upgraded version from the smaller successful blackberrys. I have been so dissapointed with the z10. Impossible to add contacts, Cannot save dialled numbers, the Lock keypad on the phone decides not to show up if you want to access your phone, so you have to restart the whole phone (awful if some is in trouble and they need you, actually happened.) The phone always does the opposite to what you want it to do and I am sick of spending £35 a month on my contract with a phone i do not want. 02 have told me it would be £350 to change my phone which is ridiculous and suggested contacting yourselves. I have had the phone for 4/5 months. I am on a years contract. please let me downgrade to the small better blackberrys for the same contract terms and I will send you back the z10.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780 and a Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi Adam,

You'll probably hear this from a lot of others, but its not the Z10 that's the problem, its YOUR particular Z10 that has a problem.  I have never had any of the difficulties that you describe, though as with any phone there are occasional minor bugs and issues (updates have taken care of most of these).

It sounds to me like your particular handset, or the software, is faulty.  Under EU and UK law, if a retailer gives you a product which is not fit for purpose (whether you pay for it or it is given to you for free as part of a contract) , the retailer (and NOT the manufacturer) must offer you a repair, a like-for-like replacement, or a refund.  You are not obliged to accept a repair or a replacement, but the onus may be on you to demonstrate that the phone is faulty.  Sometimes, a retailer may wish to take the phone and send it to an approved repair outfit, or to the manufacturer, to be assessed to see that it is actually faulty and not just damaged through use (i.e. to make sure its not just acting up because you dropped it into the loo!).

I know it is hugely frustrating and takes up some of your time, but I suggest you (1) contact the Consumers Association and get some clarity on your rights in this situation (check out their website, particularly this page: http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/sale-of-goods-act), and (2) go back to the store which gave you the phone and tell them you want your consumer rights upheld (give them a print out of that webpage if you need to).  If the store gives you no satisfaction, they may be in breach of the law, and you shuld follow up with the Consumers Association who can advise and sometimes assist with formal complaints. Note that in the UK, the law says you have a limited amount of time after the problem manifests itself within which to request a refund.

The Z10 should definitely NOT behave as yours does, so it would appear to me that you have a case to be answered.  I use a Z10 for my businesses, and find it is very reliable (and also very easy to save dialled numbers, very easy to add new contacts, and definitely no issue with locking or unlocking!)

Remember, if an O2 store gave you the phone, THEY are responsible for replacements, not Blackberry.

Hope that's all of some help,

MP

I want to have my Z10's babies.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

[ Edited ]

Good day

From what your saying is that you just got your Z10 haven't gave it an try before you started this thread correct?

Here are some Z10 Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts

You might want to remove your # off your profile due to the fact this is public forum!!

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

adambarnard85 wrote:
  1.  Impossible to add contacts,
  2. Cannot save dialled numbers,
  3. the Lock keypad on the phone decides not to show up if you want to access your phone,

1. Not impossible at all. Open your Contacts > New > enter your details of the contact > Save.

2. In your Phone app > touch AND hold the number you've called or has called you > in the right side popup menu > tap the icon ADD TO CONTACTS > choose new or existing and add it same as above and SAVE the contact.

3. Swipe up from the bottom bezel of the Z10 to activate the lockscreen, OR tap the top edge power key to activate the lockscreen.

Now, please tell me, What is your Operating System loaded to your device? From the main screen, swipe down from the top black bezel to Settings > About... what is the OS Version listed there?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer
My Device: My Trusty Red Plane
My Carrier: Outer Space

[ Edited ]

JSanders wrote:

adambarnard85 wrote:
  1. the Lock keypad on the phone decides not to show up if you want to access your phone,

3. Swipe up from the bottom bezel of the Z10 to activate the lockscreen, OR tap the top edge power key to activate the lockscreen.

From time to time I also have the very same problem, that the lock screen does not show the password input field.

It happens mostly when I leave my Z10 around for a while, let's say after my lunch break. First it turns off the screen after a short time, and when I come back, trying to unlock the screen, I swipe from below but the input field does NOT show up.

the OS version of my is 10.2.0.1793, but it happened with older versions as well

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a bird from outer space. But I'm not flappy o.o
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]
If you're on 10.2.0.1793 or lower, I'd heartily recommend that you upgrade to a higher OS release, 10.2.0.1803 or better yet to the leaked 10.2.1.1925
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: 0

This thread has been unlocked, please remain courteous and on topic

Thank you!

Chronos                                                                                                      New to the Community click here  
Community Moderator
Likes2.png  AS3.png  CG2.png