Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

I need to setup alerts for high priority e-mails -

I get support calls in the middle of the night and i need to setup all  high priority e-mails to a diffrent alert .  on my bold I setup level 1 alerts but I can not find it on my Z10. 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: I need to setup alerts for high priority e-mails -

Hello amorrill and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for your question about notifications on the BlackBerry Z10.

Currently there is no Level 1 notification setting.

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

OK but I am also not able to set a diffrent sound through the contacts.  I have tried several time with music, or supplied ring tones.  I will soon need to go back to my old phone if I can not get this setup.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Unfortunately, you cannot have a different tone for email accounts, to be honest notificaitons are a complete joke. I do not know how Blackberry could release this device with such basic, bare-bone functionality. Especially, when all the older versions have such flexibility with configuring notifications. It is an insult to the business user.

New Contributor

It seems that when linking to the contacts the OS is looking at contact name and not the e-maill addresses.  I need it to check e-mail addesses first then maybe look at look for contact names if it must. It also seems to trigger on part names which messes it up for me.  for example an e-mail coming in with "A & B DCEFG" is triggering on the "B DCEFG" contact.  How can I work with this?  Not only does it select the wrong contact it does not alway trigger the alert selected on that contact. It just seems to be very buggy in the whole alert system. I agree that this should never have been released with bugs like these.  I have already advised a couple of people against the BB 10.  Maybe once the bugs are worked out.

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Telus

I have the same issue, but mine issue is a bit different

1. Setup all message to default sound --> Silent MP3 (download on the web), so every mail coming in is using the default silent sound (it plays, but you won't hear it)

2. Setup the specific contact using different tone (I used Definite tone), so email coming from the individual will play sound, so far, is hit and miss...

I am confused on what actually the z10 is looking at when the email comes in? During my testing, all worked perfectly, base on above setup but when the really important contact sent me an email (the one that really need to have sound, no sound is coming out...which confused me as I already setup the same way). I think if the email recipient in the 'To" field has more than 1, I think this may not work. I will do more testing...

Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Rogers

There are some third party apps that can give you the email notification granularity if you don't want to wait for it to be added to the OS.

I believe Hub++ seems to be fairly well rated, personally I can wait. Smiley Wink
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
New Contributor

Thank you for the Hub++ it looks good, seems to cover the BlackBerry OS 10 deficincies (plus some extras) that should have been covered before the release.  This may save me from going to another phone.

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Telus

I just downloaded the Hub++ but looks like the Work email is not able to add onto the filter, i think the program has to be downloaded under the "Work" mode in order to see it.

New Contributor

Hub++ works well for me however my company has not turned up the upgrade to the BES yet.  The only issue I have is I need longer tones as they need to wake me up,  I have contacted the supplier of Hub++  but no answer yet.  Still for 2.99 I find it helps.  Again these are all feature I expected in the OS.