Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: -

ICAL and/or GMAIL

[ Edited ]

How do you synch either or both calendars? It is just not working correctly. I'm getting so frustrated and thinking going back to my previous BB 9790. Why on earth, after having wait for so many month, RIMM is not able to deliver a working OS. The phone is great but still so many issues. 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: ICAL and/or GMAIL

Hello,

I don't know about iCal, but for me, GMail was simple...just configured into the Z10 and, within an hour, my calendar was synchronizing between the two. Nothing special to do at all. Some report that using the advanced settings on the Z10, and going the EAS route (using m.google.com for the server) to be helpful as well. But, for me, I did it just the "default" way and it worked perfectly.

I've since abandoned that, btw...I want true end-to-end (Outlook client to mobile devices) passive synchronization of both calendar and contacts. With GMail, everyone can get Outlook to Gmail synchronization for Calendar...but only paid Google Apps subscribers get the same for Contacts. So I've switched to HotMail as my conduit between Outlook and my Z10 (and many other devices, btw), and it's working quite well so far.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: ICAL and/or GMAIL

gilles737 wrote:

How do you synch either or both calendars?

why don't you start by telling us what you have configured to get your unsuccessful result?

As far as I know, Google Calendar and iCAL can use the CalDAV protocol to do two-direction synchronization.

1. get their CalDAV parameters
  2. set them up in the advanced section of the "add account" in your Z10 Hub.
  3. enjoy

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: