Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Etsalat

Imap/ pop email configuration

I have an issue with my Email (Pop mail) on Blackberry Z10. I'm only able to receive emails, The outgoing server is not working. I'm using the etisalat network (in Dubai - UAE).

Is this a common problem?

any special configuration to be done?

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Imap/ pop email configuration

Hey Bob79,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Do you receive a clock icon or a specific error message when you send out emails?  Also have you tried a different email account?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Thanks for your response.
Yes i'm receiving a clock while sending an email, i tried to change the setup several times but it didn't work. On the other hand my hotmail account is working normal.
Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Thanks for the reply Bob79.

We are investigating some issues with regards to SMTP servers.  To make sure your server is part of this issue, we are going to need logs.  Please contact your network service provider and ask to be transferred to BlackBerry so we can verify.

I appreciate your patience.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

what do you mean by logs? shall i transfer them to you?

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Imap/ pop email configuration

When I delete an email from my Z10, I don't get the options "Delete from Servicer and Device", "Delete from Device".

I suspect that this is because the Z10 setup the accounts as IMAP and not POP.  I went into setup and there's no indication of which the Z10 is using ... nor is there a place to change it. 

I don't really care which I use but i DO want the option to delete from device and leave on the server as I had with my BB9650.

How do I get this feature back?

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

cardman214 wrote:

i DO want the option to delete from device and leave on the server as I had with my BB9650.

How do I get this feature back? 

For now, you don't. That capability was provided by BIS, and BIS is not used in BB10. At present, the device and the server are intended to be "mirror images" of each other (within the 30-day sync time limit).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Carrier: Orange

Re: pop email configuration

I have a Blackberry Z10 that I am unable to setup my pop Tiscali email.  I have been onto forums such as this one  and tried the fixes mentioned.  None of them have worked.  I have also been on the phone to Technical Support at Orange/EE for hours in the last few days and this has not resolved the issue.  I have also been into the EE shop twice since last Friday and they are unable to resolve this issue. I initially setup the incoming email but could not setup outgoing mail.  I now cannot set it up at all.  The person in the EE shop that I visited today could not do this either.

This afternoon I have tried to contact both Talk Talk to see what I can do with the settings to get it to accept/configure my account but I cannot get through.  I have also found that I cannot contact Blackberry direct by phone.  I am at the point that if I cannot get this sorted I will have to take the phone back and swap it for another brand.

Can anyone help

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: pop email configuration

shaz6765 wrote:

I have a Blackberry Z10 that I am unable to setup my pop Tiscali email.  I have been onto forums such as this one  and tried the fixes mentioned.  None of them have worked.  I have also been on the phone to Technical Support at Orange/EE for hours in the last few days and this has not resolved the issue.  I have also been into the EE shop twice since last Friday and they are unable to resolve this issue. I initially setup the incoming email but could not setup outgoing mail.  I now cannot set it up at all.  The person in the EE shop that I visited today could not do this either.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

It is difficult to reply directly on point...knowing only what you revealed in your post, there is inadequate detail to make any specific diagnosis. Error messages, specific results, and other details would help with that...but from merely "it doesn't work" information, it's rather challenging to provide anything specific. I hope you can understand.

Do see if you can find the settings you require via this tool:

• Article ID: KB33444 How to use the Email Account Validation Tool (EAVT)

Sometimes it can provide you with the required settings to make things work, and you likely must use the advanced/manual configuration screen (where you enter ALL details) instead of the automated wizard (where you enter email address and password only, and it sets up the rest).

Also be aware that not all email services are compatible...it's rather impossible for an email client to promise support over 100% of email services out there...there are just too many variations available to the email server admins to be able to possibly predict what all of those will be and build an email client that is 100% compatible. It just can't be done. You may have found one of the rare ones that simply isn't compatible.

shaz6765 wrote:

I have also found that I cannot contact Blackberry direct by phone.

Contractually, that's actually correct. You cannot bypass your formal support channel and seek help from BB directly. Only via proper escalation from your contractually required formal support entity (in this case, your mobile service provider) can you obtain support from BB at no fee (there is a fee-based method to do so, however). For more information, refer:

Hopefully, this information will be of use to you.

Cheers, and Good Luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................