Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Import certificate menu is not responding

I have been trying to import self-signed CA and user certificates over usb and wifi, as outlined here: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/47561/als1342708099072.jsp

When I choose the certificate store I want to update and click next, the application hangs/freezes; none of the buttons on the bottom respond ("Back / Select all / Refresh / Import), and none of the certificates I copied to my phone are listed.  I am forced to swipe from the bottom up and close the application.

I have even tried e-mailing the certificates to myself and importing them, without success.  When I go to view the certificates, I am prompted for a password over and over again, despite entering the correct password each time. 

I have tried pulling out the battery, installing the recent OS update (to 10.1.0.4181) and doing a secure wipe. The import certificate tool hangs even when there are no certificates in the certs folder.  My phone is factory unlocked and unbranded, so I should not have any restrictions.

I have run out of troubleshooting ideas, and time.  Your help is appreciated.

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Import certificate menu is not responding

I figured it out.  When going into the certs folder on the device, there is an sdcard subfolder which points to the root (/) of the sdcard.  When going into this folder, I noticed there were a few files (not certificate files) which I had stored there(which I now moved).  After I moved them off, the import tool seems to be working fine.  It looks like the import tool was trying to read these files and was hanging because they were not certificate files/could not read the files/whatever the reason.