Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Zed10
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile
Accepted Solution

Incoming Text Messages Allocated to Wrong Contact

I recently recieved my Zed10 back from warranty repair for an out of the box malfunctioning headphone port and am now experiencing an issues a thousand times more frustrating.  The phone is now having issues when I recieved a text message in which it will assign it to the wrong contact.  I've checked the contact information, there's no duplicated numbers, the number the text is coming from is only assigned to one contact, yet thru one SMS conversation, it may appear that I am talking with 3 different individuals, which is very confusing.  Before I sent my Zed10 in I did a full backup, then security wipe.  I received my exact same device back from warranty, updated to the latest OS, did a restore of my backup, and now this.  I went thru and deleted all the SMS history, which seemed to resolve the problem, but after about an hour it has started again.  Some of the numbers it is now showing as incoming texts are not even numbers of my contacts, yet I can keep the conversation going by replying to the actual contact on my phone (if I reply to the number that it's telling me the text came from, the person on the other end has no information of any text).  Has anyone experienced this?  Since we don't really have contact backup options in Link like we did in DM my next "fix" attempt will be to move my contacts to my SIM card and wipe the device... again.  Very glad to have my BB10 back after 2 weeks on a Curve 9300, but this is VERY frustrating.

If anyone has had anything like this happen, please help.  Thanks everyone.

Solutions: 6,350
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Incoming Text Messages Allocated to Wrong Contact

Please read this:

SMS messages appear to come from the wrong contact when received on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone   

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Zed10
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Re: Incoming Text Messages Allocated to Wrong Contact

Thanks!  I'll give that a shot, unfortunately my Contacts app isn't working now so looks like a restart.  This device was flawless before I sent it in for warranty (well other than the warranty issue...), don't understand how it would be different now.