Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Incoming mail has suddenly stopped on Z10

After working great for over a week, my Z10 not longer is getting incoming mail for one account.

Account/problem details:

- Paid Gmail for Business

- ActiveSync

- I can send email fine from this account on Z10 and the sent message appears in hub

- I don't receive any email sent to this address

- Calendar appears to also not be syncing (push or pull)

- Looks like this problem has been ongoing since yesterday afternoon (Feb 20)

A seperate IMAP account on the Z10 continues to work properly.

Anyone else have this problem? I don't really want to delete and re-add my ActiveSync account on the Z10 because I'll have to re-link contacts...

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Incoming mail has suddenly stopped on Z10

Have you tried a simple reboot? Sometimes, that clears up things that go wonky...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Yes, tried rebooting and didn't fix the problem
Super Contributor

Removing and re-adding the account would probably be the easiest thing, unless the issue is on the Google end of things. Since you have a paid account with them, do you not have any way to contact them for support?
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
Contributor

I assumed the problem was with the Z10 since I've had a bunch of other problems so far. I'll see if Google can help me.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

How about a batt-pull reboot? I doubt honestly that it will make a difference...but, well, we do need to try everything...

And, you've already gone back and forth between PUSH and PULL, so you've already done that bit. I have noticed from time to time that my GMail accounts (standard free @gmail, not hosted domain) sometimes also just stop receiving...but it also seems to just start up again, with no real action on my part.

I have concerns about the ActiveSync implementation on BB10, and this may well be yet another symptom concerning that situation...sadly, I'm not "inside", so can't really know anything for sure.

The only thing left I can think of is what you don't want to do -- removal and reintegration of the account. But, if my suspicions are correct, the behavior may well resurface anyway...so if you require absolute reliability, you may be better off integrating differently (either IMAP or POP).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................