Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: TMobile

Installed Latest update - now it wont turn on - just flashing LED

I need help please! 

I had my phone since Feb this year.  It's been great overall.  I've had a few problems with it overheating and draining the battery, but not consistently.

Anyhow, on Wednesday evening, I did a little looking around and found there was an OS update, so I ran it. 

Ever since, my phone will not switch back on.  

The LED is flashing, but not like before, this time the flashing has a pattern to it:  One long flash then five fast flashes. 

I don't know what this means....  Obvs I can't get any details off my phone because it wont switch on, so please don't ask me what the update was... 

I need help - there's obviously power there, because the light is flashing. 

I've tried removing the battery, sim card and micro SD and none of this has helped. 

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Installed Latest update - now it wont turn on - just flashing LED

This is a an error message, (you probably already realised that), there seems to be no published list of what these mean but I had a similer problem on one of the early Dev phones.  Then the solution was to drain the battery then do a series of longer and longer charges.

However my suggestion now is to autoload an OS and see if it get's you past the problem.

If you can't even get to the boot rom stage to install the OS, then come back and I'll dig out what the solution was mentioned above.

Autoloader info can be found here...

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/General-BlackBerry-10-Smartphone/How-to-Reload-your-Blackberr...

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.