Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: z 10
My Carrier: orange

Internet connection

Hi,

when trying surf on the web browser, I keep on getting this message: "Error. Couldn't resolve the host name."

I have no internet connection, unless by WiFi.

Any idea what is wrong, and what can be done in order to solve it?

Thanks,

Tuvi

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook

Re: Internet connection

Sounds like your APN is not set correctly.

Search other threads on APN.

Your phone/SIM card may not allow you to change it.

Contributor

Not a big help... Since my carrier doesn't know anything yet about the Z10, I can only find the solution here....
Anyone?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook

setup/network connections/Mobile Network/APN

If the fields are grey, you can't change them and they are being set by your sim card. You will have to request an update from your carrier.

If you can edit the APN, you need to set it to whatever your data carrier needs. There are many resources on the web where you can look up APN settings for various carriers.

Contributor

The fields are not greyed. But my carrier can not give me any APN since he is not familiar with the Z10 model yet, along with the other carriers in my country. They keep saying that the older versions of BB's didnt need any APN....
So, my situation is worst now , if i understand that i need to wait untill the Z10 will be in the market in my country, and the carrier companys will know how to dill with it....????