Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Orange France

Is every Blackberry customer equal?

I'm an Iphone 5 switcher and very happy owner of a Z10, mainly for its excellent email client. But I must say I am extremely chocked by the way BB treats its customers. How can one hide behind the provider for the software uodates. I am with Orange in France and received NO updates and thus stay with the bugs, some of which have been resolved for weeks. And now, even more chocking is that we cannot get Wathsapp!!!!

Hell, if that's the way it is, I'll soon quit.

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Is every Blackberry customer equal?

I can understand your frustration.  The updates for the z10 right now are controlled by your mobile provider, you can call them and ask them when they will be rolling it around. I too had to wait for one week before my provider rolled it out compared to the others in my area did it 1 week before. I am hopping blackberry takes charge in the future and they roll out updates and bypass the carriers.

When you go into my world, does it not show you the whatsup app?

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/2360

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for answering. The mobile provider, Orange France just could not care less... But I must say I feel it is up to Blackberry to deal with that, don't you think? They leave their customers with this difficult user experience, living with bugs which are already solved!

As far as Whatsapp is concerned, yes I do see it and when I click to download, it says the app is not available for my device... Smiley Mad

Forums Advisor I

Go into mywold and do a search for Whatsapp, you must install it from my world, it should be there, I see a lot of people around the world have already installed it.

Take a look at this link on how to install the latest OS.

http://crackberry.com/how-get-latest-blackberry-10-software-your-z10-even-if-your-carrier-hasnt-push...

Contributor

If by going into MyWorld you mean to do it from the device in the Blackberry World App, the search is unsuccessfull.

From the web I can see it but I cannot go farther than clicking the download button and getting the message it is not available for my device.

I'll try the crackberry method and will keep you posted.

Thanks for taking the time.

Forums Advisor I

Yes all applications should be installed through you z10 BB world..  Restart your z10 and go back into BB world and see if it has refreshed.

IMG_00000133.png

Contributor
My Carrier: Orange UK

seems like the devices with no 10.0.10 updated are UNABLE to find and install whatsapp at the moment
Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Rogers

It is also possible that it is not yet available in your area yet. There was supposedly a zone by zone rollout.
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Contributor
My Carrier: Orange UK

Orange UK has JUST pushed the software update and I was able to download WhatsApp within seconds as soon as the software update was completed. so it does seem like it is a matter of software version, not the area
Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Rogers

Good to know that you got both your software update and your WhatsApp! Smiley Wink

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy