Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
My Device: n/a
My Carrier: Chatr

Is the unblocked Z10 compatible with the AWS (1700/2100) network?

I'm thinking of purchasing the Z10 from the online store but i'm not sure if it will work with my network.  Will it work on AWS (1700/2100) frequency?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Is the unblocked Z10 compatible with the AWS (1700/2100) network?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

There are 4 different Z10 sub-models...you must be sure that the one you buy is compatible with the network on which you intend to operate it. Refer:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Developer
Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

I have an STL100-3 and it works with Wind/mobilicity in Canada with uses AWS

New Contributor
My Device: None
My Carrier: None

So, when I buy a Z10 from Blackberry how can I tell if I'm getting the right phone or not? There doesn't seem to be an option.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

JamesScott5 wrote:

So, when I buy a Z10 from Blackberry how can I tell if I'm getting the right phone or not? There doesn't seem to be an option.

HI and Welcome to the Community!

Where, exactly, are you attempting to make this purchase?

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I was looking at the Blackberry website.  Here is the link: http://store.shopblackberry.com/store/bbrryus/en_CA/pd/productID.298815200/categoryID.66826200

I hope to use this with the WIND network.

James

New Contributor

To expand my thinking, is there a hint of something new on the horizon as well? Possibly I should hold off until later in the year to see what may be launched.

And thank you for the replies.

James

Hall of Famer III

[ Edited ]

From what they post, I'd guess it to be a -3. You would have to ask WIND of their network is compatible. Also, on that page, is of course a 24/7 customer support number...I have to believe they can give you the specifics you desire.

Hall of Famer III

JamesScott5 wrote:

To expand my thinking, is there a hint of something new on the horizon as well? Possibly I should hold off until later in the year to see what may be launched.

And thank you for the replies.

James

Always there are hints...BB is hardly a "static" company. Indeed, in reading some new things, there are suspicions that all presently available BB10 devices are going to be EOL sooner than some might prefer, with newer models coming soon. But, whether or not true, what the timing might be, and any other authoritative forward looking or proprietary information is something not for discussion on this site (as per the Ts and Cs).

Good luck!

New Contributor

OK, so late to the show but I do now have a Z10 in hand. Cool devise, wish I made the switch ages ago. Now just to personalize/optimize the Z10 to my needs and we set to go.