Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Is this a hack? or a BB bug? -- Could not find "end" on a telemarketer's call.

I get annoying calls from Telemarketers. Don't we all? So, I hang-up on them. Yesterday, when the auto-talking spiel started I went to press "end" and it disappeared! I went to the icon page but could not get the "phone" to load. Finally, I had to shutdown the cell to end the call. Was that a hack? Or is this a BB bug?

I saw a sister to this problem on another string [I've had this happen to --very frustrating]:

e: bug list/feature observations for BB10 on Z10

When you try and call through a linked phone number in an email the phone sometimes dials out without the ability of getting you to the dial pad to end calls. Super frustrating as you have to reboot to end a call. This is no constant but seems to happen frequently when I hit someones number from outlook.

Contributor

Re: Is this a hack? or a BB bug? -- Could not find "end" on a telemarketer's call.

Now, I am finding that every incoming call loses the "end" button [and the the phone], when I answer it. i must shut the cell down to hang-up. What's going on?
Ken
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Is this a hack? or a BB bug? -- Could not find "end" on a telemarketer's call.

Not a solution, but perhaps switching on Airplane Mode would be quicker than restarting the phone...

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Highlighted
Contributor

I'll try that in the meantime, thanks.
Ken