Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Issue with selecting or copying a phone no. in dialing or direct calling from websites

For some reson the screen captures are not showing up.  The local Romanian numbers without internation number in your area should work. I would call your carrier and have them open a ticket.  This is an important feature and must be working.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Issue with selecting or copying a phone no. in dialing or direct calling from websites

I think that this probably has to do with how your 'smart dialing' settings are setup.

Go into phone, swipe down from the top and click settings. Then go into smart dialing and make sure that it is setup correctly for your country code, etc.

That said it should deal with all phone numbers properly, so there is probably some sort of bug there.. I also recommend calling your carrier and asking them for some support. If they can't help they should put you onto blackberry support. Smiley Happy
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Contributor
My Carrier: Cosmote

OK, please do, as I think is quite important for any user and this phone really has very good chances to exceed the expectations of all users and for sure will bring new ones from IPh...or others Smiley Happy
By the way, what has to do the settings in "smart dialing" where is asked for the national number length, because I'm a bit confused and explain why:
-the Romanian structure for mobile is:

Contributor

sorry:
As I said, the Romanian phone number structure is:
For mobile: + 40 - country code
7xx - carrier code - here are different no.
123 456 - phone number

For fixed phones: + 40- country code
21 - are code for capital - 2 digits
1234567 - phone no. for capital - 7 digits
2xx - area code for other towns - 3 digits
123456 - phone no. for other towns - 6 digits

So, as you can see, with the area code included, doesn't matter the towns and if mobile or fixed phone, in total are 9 digits.
But, in "smart dialing" settings you have country code and area code separately and after that is requesting for national number lenght, but here is an issue, because cannot be chosen a no. which can be used for all, as are different digits depending on type of number, if mobile or not, and city.

Now, even I consider a 9 digits phone number length, is not working.
I'll still try for other combinations, but...

Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Rogers

The area code is so that it doesn't dial yours if it is not necessary for a local call.

Best to call your carrier for this issue, unless someone else here understands the complexity of Romanian area codes, etc. It's out of my league. Smiley Wink
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Contributor

I'll do, but please give an example how the settings are done in your device/country.
you have not a different area code for mobile and fixed phones?
Thanks!
Contributor

and how is functioning for other no. from abroad?
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

I wrote a little app to do it: Clipboard Dialer scans your clipboard for phone numbers and allows you to call or text them, add to contacts etc. Also works by selecting a paragraph or two in your browser or e-mail, tapping the text and sharing it with Clipboard Dialer.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
My Device: z10
My Carrier: maxis

I'm from malaysia..normally in Malaysia the phone number just like 0123456789 or 012-3456789.. I do the direct sales and my friends always send the number but I can't do direct calls..what happened??
My Device: z10
My Carrier: maxis

BlackBerry please solved it....I'm very frustrating... just bought just few days ago...