Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE

Issues with BB10, need some pointers!

Hi Guys

I need a bit of a support with some issues I have come across with my Z10 since launch, ex 9900 power user so starting to notice a few niggly problems with the new OS.

• Cant delete from mailbox and phone, just phone. Will this option ever be added?
  • Calendar crashes when trying to add new entries.
  • When using satnav and playing audio via bluetooth, the voice commands will reduce music vlume but keep music silenced for a further 10 seconds after command has ended.
  • Satnav often locks up and just freezes needing restart, even when only app running.
  • Calendar reminders for birthdays linked on Facebook, but button in OS7 to post message to person directly from reminder has been removed, will this be re-added?
  • Why does the music player also list all your ringtones, this is a major oversight? Surely the music centre should only be looking in the designated music folder and not scanning the whole phone for audio files?
  • No podcast app, terrible loss as using Blackberry Link with iTunes just mixes your podcasts with your music files, you have no control over bookmarking podcasts now.
  • Cannot hide icons... this needs to be added back in a its a big loss from OS7.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Z10, Bold 9900, Bold 9790 and 64Gb Playbook owner!
Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Issues with BB10, need some pointers!

weesteev wrote:

Hi Guys

I need a bit of a support with some issues I have come across with my Z10 since launch, ex 9900 power user so starting to notice a few niggly problems with the new OS.

I can address what I know about. Smiley Happy

• Cant delete from mailbox and phone, just phone. Will this option ever be added?

Best bet would to be to use an ActiveSync account (like Outlook.com) or have both machines setup to use IMAP for reconcilliation.

• Calendar crashes when trying to add new entries.

I haven't noticed this myself, anyone else?

• Why does the music player also list all your ringtones, this is a major oversight? Surely the music centre should only be looking in the designated music folder and not scanning the whole phone for audio files?

This is an annoyance, I'm sure that they will fix it.

• Cannot hide icons... this needs to be added back in a its a big loss from OS7.

The current workaround for this is to create a folder for "UNUSED APPS" and put everything you never want to see in that, then you can further bury this folder on a new last page of icons.

To make a folder -> Push and hold one app until you see them pulsing -> drag that app directly over another and drop it on -> type in the name for the folder -> swipe up from the bottom of the screen to make that folder go away -> push and hold another you want to put in the folder and continue dragging them in. From this point on if you let go fast enough you will be able to drop them into the folder with out having to do the push and hold again, if you hold the icon over the folder you will be taken into the folder with the opportunity to organise the location of the app and will have to swipe out of the folder and start again. Smiley Happy

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
BlackBerry Employee
My Carrier: Rogers

For the calendar crash you must be using Gmail with the calendar synchronizing over CalDAV:  KB33621

I would prefer a native podcast application like we used to have in BBOS but I've been using Nobex from BlackBerry World and its been doing the job decently. 

New Contributor

Cheers for the reoky drewread, appreciated!

Was already using the folder option for storing duff files and apps but a permanenet solution would be nice in the next update 

Good point with the email issue, going to setup IMAP for my google account now and see if that gives me the functionality i need!

New Contributor

BD spot on, it is google calendar, thanks for the link and the info.

And great shout about Nobex for podcasts, totally forgot about that, all setup and have push notifications as well which is superb! Thanks for the help.

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

1. As the Z10 is an ActiveSync device, you will not get the "Delete on Server / Delete on Handheld" choices. ActiveSync technology reflects the messages available on your email server. It does not "download" them. When you delete a message on the device, it deletes on the server.

2. You should call your EE tech support and report this.

3. That's a bug, it should be reported via #2.

4. Is this your BlackBerryMaps app?

5. Don't know.

6. I agree.

7. True.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code