Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780 and a Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Issues with Contacts on Z10

Hi everyone,

I have some headaches with the Contacts function on my Z10. Some useful advice on how to resolve these would be greatly appreciated:

(1) Some of my contacts repeat themselves massively and at random within my Contacts list.  For example, I added my mother to my contact list recently, and yesterday her name was repeated on the list 45 times.  This happens very frequently - it happens at random, and can involve any of my contacts.  I generally see between 24 and 55 repeats for each contact.  It does not matter whether these people have one or more Contact types (e.g. phone, facebook etc), or when / how they were added.  Deleting all of the repeats is not always the answer  - apart from being extremely tedious to do, the repetition often just recurs at some point in the future (for some contacts it is immediate, for others it can happen again maybe 2 weeks into the future)  This is a huge nuisance, since I often have to scroll through hundreds of repeats to find a specific contact (and the further down the alphabet someone is, the more people and therefore repeats I have to wade through to get to them).

(2) My social media contacts do not update on my phone regularly, regardless of wifi / data / cell coverage.  For example, my brother is linked with me on facebook, but his fb account does not appear under Contacts, not even within the specific facebook contacts list, and never has (though if I open the facebook app he does show up as a friend). This is the case for several of my fb connections  This also happens to other social media accounts: with LinkedIn and Twitter not all of my connections show up in my Z10 Contacts.  Also, with those social media contacts that do show up, their specific avatar is often absent in the "Contacts" list. e,g, under my Twitter contacts list, the avatar only appears for around 50% of them (though in the Twitter app all my connections show up and all have an avatar).

I have all of the application permissions set appropriately (to share contact info etc).  I am using the latest software version as of today.  All apps are up to date according to Blackberry World.

Any ideas on how to fix these two bugs?

Thanks!

MP

I want to have my Z10's babies.
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780 and a Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Issues with Contacts on Z10

Hmmm......   The lack of support on ths Support Forum is somewhat disheartening....

Anyone able to offer ANY advice?

I want to have my Z10's babies.