10-28-2013 03:23 AM
I am a user of BBz10, on Idea network India.
Please note i just upgraded to latest OS 10.2, few issues I have been facing.
1) Cant use search functionality in CALL LOGS. (This issue is coming since default OS, I have raised it few times but its not being solved. either it should be solved, or search should be removed from there.)
2) Problem With SMS ->
1) Selecting a contact for receiver : Once I select a contact for receiving the message, screen hangs for 10 seconds ++ while the field is populated and whole applicaion is hanged.
2) Same holds when I click to remove a contact wrongly chosen as receiver.
3) When I chose a contact, there is an option of "Text...." , once I click on the same, I am taken to standard SMS compose window. There I have the keyboard upfront (the Textarea where we see what we type is completely hidden behind keyboard, in normal cases it gets elevated and we can see clearly. But it doesnt happen in this scenario.
3) Lots of my contacts have lost their first name / last name info. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have observed that all three options in point 2 occur as OS is trying to load SMS history. Now we used to have the same features earlier, but it was not taking so long for it. So it seems the pattern of sms histroy storage has been changed, and its affecting adversaly rather poorly to the performance and the basic functionality as simple as SMS has become very tedious.
I am continuously trying other features to find out pros/cons of 10.2 , Regular traversing seems to have gone a touch faster. Most importantly battery is lasting longer. not sure something to do with new OS or just its my psyche.
Will appreciate valuable feedbacks
10-28-2013 09:25 AM
I just got it by Settings->Software Updates, it was 600 mbs approx.
I am now on 10.2.0.424.
I am based in Ahmedbad. but not sure if updates will be released region vise.
10-30-2013 11:04 AM
I am from Manila, BBZ10, and been using the new OS 10.2 for almost one week now.
I am experiencing the same frustrating issue as Amit. When I compose sms messages the field where you type in is being covered by the keyboard and it takes several very long seconds before repopulation of the other data kick in and only then the type field area appear behind the keyboard. So instead of making my life easier it causes stress to the user.
Often the touch functions frizzes and the only option is to reboot but when you reboot it takes eternity before the repopulation of the data specially contacts are completed and sometimes you lose the pictures of the contacts and other contacts in the process.
Blackberry has to rectify this quick otherwise I would want to go back to the old OS version, 10.1
11-27-2013 08:10 AM
11-27-2013 08:13 AM