Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Not Specified

Just updated to latest OS and phone is frozen after reboot

Hi, I initiated an install of the latest OS for my z10 via the phone itself (though the check for updates menu).  It appeared to successfully install and then it asked me to reboot I think, or it did automatically, and now it's stuck on a screen with the BB Icon surrounded by a round cornered square ( I think it does this during boot up normally).  if I hold my finder on the icon, it says 100%, but apart from that, nothing seems to work.  I had it on like this for 30-60m, and I've done a battery pull, and it reboots back to that same spot.

I plug it into the computer and Link doesn't see it as connected nor does my computer seem to detect it at all.  Any idea on how I can fix this?  I didn't do a backup right before this unfortunately, so I don't want to try and wipe and reinstall if I can help it, and of course, I leave for vacation on Friday Smiley Frustrated

Thanks for any help you can give!

- Ivan

New Contributor
My Device: Z30

Re: Just updated to latest OS and phone is frozen after reboot

I have the same issue. I found that after a couple of battery pulls, it would start up, though I'm now finding that I can't make or receive calls. You may want to check out this kb article on what appears to possibly be the source of the problem. I won't be able to try their workaround until I get back to my home PC later tonight.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

This is the exact same problem I am having, although after several battery pulls I am still no further forward. Am loathed to restore it to factory settings - but if it is the only way forward...

Any other suggestions would be welcome!

Fiona

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile/Telekom D

hi there...was experiencing the same problems today for several hours.

maybe this can help U, atleast I hope it will?

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/quot-Workaround-quot-for-Freeze-after-OS-Updat...