Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

KEEP GETTING "Unsupported 16-Bit Application" when trying to download Blackberry Link-I need music on my device!!

KEEP GETTING  "Unsupported 16-Bit Application" when trying to download Blackberry Link.  Im trying to sync music into my new Z10.  here is the whole error message:

"\??\C:\User.....................cannot start or run due to incompatibity with 64-bit versions of Windows.  Please contact software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows comapatible version is available

Any know how to transfer music without using this Blackberry link?  Is there a quick fix to my problem? Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

Solutions: 6,358
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Re: KEEP GETTING "Unsupported 16-Bit Application" when trying to download Blackberry Link-I need music on my device!!

Your getting this message just in the download, not the installation process?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Re: KEEP GETTING "Unsupported 16-Bit Application" when trying to download Blackberry Link-I need music on my device!!

just the download.  I connect the phone(via usb), click on the bb device icon, bb page pops upt, click on the Download & install, and get error message

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

If you have a media card in your phone, you can go into the settings and turn on USB Mass Storage, from the "Storage and Access" setting. Once you plug your phone into any computer, with or without BB Link, your media card will show up as a drive on your PC just like any other USB device. You can then transfer files to the music folder there.
New Contributor

you mean a micro sd card?  My old HTC phone has an 8gb micro sd card with about 4gb left in it,  Will that work?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Yes the Z10 takes a microSD card so sure you can take the old HTC card and put it into the Z10 and it will work.
Solutions: 6,358
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Just download the Link application directly to your PC, not with your BlackBerry connected.

There's no need for the connection while your simply downloading the install file.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code