Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: Keyboard input not working

I am wondering if anyone contacted Blackberry support, and present the problem for them to troubleshoot.

Another step I would take is to re-install the operating system.  We have a number of these Z10 phones, and we are not having any issues with them.

Jerry G.
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Steps to reproduce:

1. Ensure SettingsLanguage and InputSpell CheckIgnore Words with Numbers is set to Off
  2. Compose a new SMS or BBM (possibly email as well)
  3. Type the following or anything of this nature (I will set a meeting for March 9th and it will be great)

This should cause the keyboard to lock out.

Currently running: Z10STL100-3 / 10.0.10.672 (The Rogers 10.0.10.85 update, but it was happening before the update as well)

New Contributor

BlackBerry is aware of the bug, my friend who works there confirmed it for me.

My Carrier: O2

Glad they are aware. Affects social media sites like twitter and FB. Fed up rebooting.
New Contributor

Just turn the "ignore words with numbers" setting to ON, and you won't get the error.

Contributor
My Carrier: China Mobile

Please i have problems with my new BB Z10 , my Keyboard is malfunctioning .. please can any one advise on how i can fix this .. Black berry please what can i do , its fraustrating , i use my phone for work and right now its the most anoying gadget right now .. i cant send emails properly , txt or bbm , its slows me down ..

My Carrier: O2

The 10.0.10.90 software update seems to have solved the problem for me.
Contributor

I am in China , i have been waiting for the latest update for bb z10 , but nothing yet till now .. i have been to software updates - check for new updates and nothing yet, it says i am up todate , i am currently using version 10.0.9.2372 .. would be nice to get an update to see if some few thing would change .. please kindly advise , what can i do to get this new update ..

New Contributor

Jones50: what's the problem that you're having with the keyboard?

Contributor

My keyboard botton automatically comes up with Capital latters, I only have this problem on the rare sides of my keyboard, the right side and the left side, which is botton P L back space SEND , Q A Shift  ?123, all malfunctioning, when am typing and I click any of the previous bottons I mentioned, they automatically press down and come up with Capital letter option, back space automatically press down and delete all the messages I typed , my space bar corrects the wrong thing .. And I don't know how to stop my space bar from correcting what I am typing , its like once I press these letters they freeze and come up with other options ... Even my send button . It is so frustrating , I have been waiting for my BB for almost 2 months and finally I got it and I can't seem to work it it , I am a boss with 20 staffs and its annoying that I can't communicate my device properly .. Reply emails , calendars and reply txt messages .. . Please kindly tell me how I can fix this . i am thinking its the touch screen on that side of the screen that has a problem ...