Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Keyboard not appearing on password unlock screen

If my BB has been locked for a little while and then I go to use it, the keyboard won't appear. The cursor appears in the entry box, but no keyboard. So, I have to pull out the battery and reboot, which is super frustrating. I don't want to have to reboot my phone everytime I need to use it!  

Anyone else having this problem and/or know what might be wrong?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: Keyboard not appearing on password unlock screen

When you touch the prompt area where the cursor is flashing, you don't get the keyboard???

Try sweeping two fingers up from the bottom at the same time as to draw up the keyboard. If you cannot understand what I mean, look in the instruction sheet about your phone in the keyboard section. If this does not work, get in touch with Blackberry support.

Jerry G.
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

JerryG hit it on the head.

This happened to me the other day and was quite fustrating, 2 finger swipe from the bottom brought up the keyboard and now it stays up like normal.

My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: 3

I already tried to take the battery out, restarted it, swipe it from any angles but still can't make the keyboard appear..

help me.. T_T