Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers, Wind

Re: Keyboard problems backspace delete all text

As a temporary solution, don't use the backspace button to delete a character, tap anywhere on the virtual keybaord and swipe left. That will delete one full word (which may not be what you want but it is better than the entire text being wiped)!

My Carrier: Bell

I have the same problem.  I turned the "Magnification" option off and I'll see if that helps.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: EE

Settings > Accessibility > Magnify > Off

This will resolve the issue as many of the other forum members have advised.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BB Z 10

I am having the exact same issue.

BB OS v 10.0.9.348

The backspace key upon a single touch pops up and locks in repeat mode and wipes out eh entire line of text.

This happens in an email address line, the email body or anywhere that I am typing using the virtual keyboard in portrait orientation.

BlackBerry Employee
My Carrier: Rogers

BrettHill wrote:

I am having the exact same issue.

BB OS v 10.0.9.348

The backspace key upon a single touch pops up and locks in repeat mode and wipes out eh entire line of text.

This happens in an email address line, the email body or anywhere that I am typing using the virtual keyboard in portrait orientation.

If you're on Bell you should update to the latest version as this fixes the issue with magnification mode.

New Contributor
My Device: BB Z 10

Settings -> Accessibility -> Maginify -> off
This worked for me. The backspace key has worked properly after turning off "Magnify".
Note that I also found that the letter "L" would periodically lock in upper case, so I wonder if the magnify mode causes some issue with keys that are next to the border of the screen.
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: celcom

It happend to me too..

but it didnt happend anymore, i disabled many things including magnifying.. now its works fine..

My Device: z10
My Carrier: verizon

i have the exact same problrm.  The problem began occuring when I installed the update a week or so ago.    It seems that the problem does not occur with magnification turnedoff.  Is thete a known solution to this problem?