Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10, Curve 9360, 8520
My Carrier: AT&T

LED Indicator Light for Text Messages Not Working!

I noticed that my LED indicator light for text messages has not been working.  I believe I have all the LED indicator settings on in the profile I use when I'm not in a meeting or class (Phone Only).

I have done many self-text messages and no luck. 

Can anybody help a new Z10 user out!!

Thanks,

Ren

Developer
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Re: LED Indicator Light for Text Messages Not Working!

Have you turned on the LED in the notification menu in the settings??. If you havent thats why you wont get the flashing red led. Same goes for sound, you need to enable it in your notification settings.

If you have and it hasnt fixed it then turn your phone off, pull the battery for about 10 secs, re-insert the battery and let it boot up and hopefully that should fix your issues.
New Contributor

Hello teaboy, i did the battery pull and double checked my led indicator settings and they are "On".

After reinserting the battery and turning on, the led stayed red for a little bit and then vanished.

I have done some texts to myself and still no glow. Smiley Sad

Could there exist a tilt sensor in the phone that may detect recent motion to cancel the led from firing?

I need my led!

Thanks for suggestion,
Ren
Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Try turning the LED OFF. Then exit and reboot your phone. Then go back to the settings and turn the LED back ON.

New Contributor

Hi sk8er_tor, this did not seem to work for me.  When you say reboot do you mean through  the power/lock button or a battery yank?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I would do it through the power button. Also, when you reboot, tell us if the red LED lights up at all when it's shutting off/turning on.