Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell
Accepted Solution

LTE Drop on Phone Calls

I'm on the Bell network in dowtown Edmonton with my Z10. I always have LTE coverage for my Z10. When I start a phone call it starts in LTE with HD Audio then drops right away to the HSPA+ network for the duration of the call (and I loose the HD Audio). LTE comes right back once I disconnect the phone call. For the phone call I'm not walking but staying in the same place. I don't use my phone or travel too much so I don't have a lot of different scenarios to see if this is pervasive all the time. Has anyone else noticed temporary LTE network dropping while in voice calls?

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: LTE Drop on Phone Calls

Hey neilpatesh,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

This is all determined on the network service provider.  They might want to switch to HSPA+ for voice, for more information I would suggest contacting them.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: LTE Drop on Phone Calls

I've received a bit more guidance on what's happening here through some Crackberry contributors so I wanted to share them here too. Voice doesn't work over the LTE network current -- that is, LTE is just for data whereas HSPA+ is for voice. So by default when you start a voice call the device should always drop down to the HSPA+ network. HD Audio works over the HSPA+ network but you need to be calling another device that supports it. Most notably the more advanced Android devices do, other Z10's, and iPhone5's. HD Audio doesn't work when talking to landlines.

So in my scenario it seems that everything is working fine. I rarely call other cell phones (typically I call landlines) so it'll be difficult for me to "test" and provide further feedback.